Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Texturizers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

I texlaxed, but I am not satisfied with it!

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
prettygilr326 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote prettygilr326 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I texlaxed, but I am not satisfied with it!
    Posted: May 25 2013 at 9:24pm
Hi! Ladies!!!! I went from being natural for a little over a year and now I have did what they call a texlax on my hair as of last night. Well, it looked nice once I was finished with it.....I used Elasta QP no base creme relaxer mild (I only used half of the container for some odd reason lol), 1/4 of EVOO and I applied to my virgin, but colored hair. Well, I think I went wrong with only applying it half way down my hair cause it's been so long since I have relaxed for the first time, I forgot you have to do the whole head! I let it process (application included) for less than 15 mins and tried my best not to smooth it in. I rinsed it out, used a neutralizer 3x, conditioned, detangled, dried, applied a lil product and twisted/satin scarf for bed. Well, when I woke up, I took out the twists...sprayed water and product on it and poofed it out. Weeeeell, It a huge afro! lol not what I wanted. So my question is to you all, well I have a few actually:
Should I re-texlax? If so, how long should I wait?
Should I go ahead and process the entire head this time? Technically since I didn't the first time, I shouldn't be overprocessing.
Should I do the method over again or should I just get a texturizer kit?
I would like my 4b or 4c hair ( I think) to have a really loose curl enough to wear it down and not a poofy afro! lol
Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links

Jewelsnyc View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jewelsnyc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 6:47am
Hi OP Sorry this hasn't been answered. Let me see if I can help.

Should I re-texlax? If you haven't received the look you desire, but don't want to do a full on relaxer, I'd say yes. I've been texlaxing for well over a year. The benefits are less chemical the draw backs, your hair isn't as straight.

If so, how long should I wait? Being that your hair is color treated, I'd say wait at least 3 weeks to give your hair enough time to recoop. Some people have waited a week in between, to get better results, but I wouldn't do another chemical process so quickly after the 1st one. In between doing the texlax, I would def do a protein treatment (like aphogge 2-step protein treatment)

Should I go ahead and process the entire head this time? Technically since I didn't the first time, I shouldn't be overprocessing. This is a personal decision here. I understand at the moment you may have two or three different textures, but the problem is you now have color treated areas, as well as areas that are chemically processed and some still virgin. So you've go to be very careful not to over process the hair that has already been treated, not damage the hair that is color treated, and still be able to chemically process the virgin hair....that is a big undertaking. If you can, I would go to a professional to do this or at least get someone to help, so that you can get the product in and out safely and efficiently.

Should I do the method over again or should I just get a texturizer kit? I would like my 4b or 4c hair ( I think) to have a really loose curl enough to wear it down and not a poofy afro! I honestly can't answer this one. I've never used a testurizer kit, so I don't know what the difference is from a normal relaxer. The key is not to over do it. I've learned that less is more as far as chemical processes on our hair. Since I still do chemically treatments to my hair, I stay away from color...If I need to color my hair, I use henna to get the desired color. This is a healthier option than normal color treatments. Plus it conditions and protects...What ever you decide, remember to conditioning and low manipulation is your friend.

LadyAradia View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LadyAradia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 28 2013 at 8:37am
I think you should deep condition with ApHogee 2 step conditioner along with another deep conditioner now before you go over the whole thing briefly with Just4me texturizer. Try to wait until it is touch up time and simply stretch the hair in a LARGE SET pattern in the mean time... Kind of like you would have on natural hair.

I can not understand why you would texlax only spots of the hair shaft. Did you have straight ends so you were doing a touchup? Another thing I can not understand is why you would wet the hair after setting it  the night before. There is no point in setting the hair in twists if you are going to wake up and destroy that set with water. It is like painting a house red and wake up and paint it blue.  I would not do a set and wake up and undo it by wetting the hair Shocked Another possibility is that the twists were too small. You could have used tiny twists that would have loosened your fro but in fact tightened the texlaxed texture. Maybe rollers are a better way to go to loosen the hair instead of twists that may be too small to stretch the texture nicely. In order to stretch the curl pattern in the mean time you need something that is LARGE to roll the hair on. Large flexi rods, curlformers, large rollers or VERY FEW HUGE bantu knots.

There should be no reason to wet the hair and destroy the set you put in unless you don't like the set and want to go natural INSTEAD or set it over differently. I would put oil in before you set it.

PS If your hair is 4c, you may just get a blow out effect by loosening your natural pattern because 4c pattern is often not a uniform coil but really random... So it would loosen looking random and wiry too ( or like a blowout instead of like a uniform curl) The best thing to do for the hair if that is the case is make it a little straighter so it doesnt look like a blow out  but rather a loose wave almost straight.
OR you could keep it like a texlaxed blow out and just always set it in twists/ curlformers or something and accept that it wont look as you desire by simply wash and go.

Edited by LadyAradia - May 28 2013 at 10:52am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic