Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I really don't understand...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
lalaLeslie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I really don't understand...
    Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 2:15pm
how some of you find private vendors?

Everyone's always like "Do your research" I just automatically assume google... is there something I'm missing... some site that I'm supposed to research on?

I've been putting many different phrases and searching through many pages...
I even went to google translate and put things like "Selling Unprocessed Hair" into Chinese in order to get results from China, which worked, but didn't really help. 

Maybe I'm just stupid... I'm still looking, I've been searching all over google and aliexpress (idk where else to look) since yesterday, I haven't slept... and I have a lot of hw to do lol but I really want to find a PV.
Sponsored Links

Kiwistardust View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Kiwistardust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 2:50pm
There is no "private vendor" site or anything. A person's PV may be a well known CV/AV/IV or lesser known CV/AV/IV. That person may not want to disclose where they get their hair from. On the flip side, a person's go-to PV maaaaay be on the bad vendor list, but they may like the communication/quality they get.

Depends. Ya gotta find what (or who) works for you is all.

Lwhite1960 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lwhite1960 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 4:22pm
My pv is Jeffrey. I love everything I have ever bought from him (all 11 units). Some hate him, but I have my own personal opinion and experiences with him. So to each her/his own. Good luck!

Edited by Lwhite1960 - Feb 03 2013 at 4:23pm
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 5:06pm

Everyone's experiance with a vendor is different. I do think that if you have a long standing relationship with a vendor you will get better quality of hair.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 9:03pm
Originally posted by Kiwistardust Kiwistardust wrote:

There is no "private vendor" site or anything. A person's PV may be a well known CV/AV/IV or lesser known CV/AV/IV. That person may not want to disclose where they get their hair from. On the flip side, a person's go-to PV maaaaay be on the bad vendor list, but they may like the communication/quality they get.

Lol yeah, I know there is no PV site. But I just don't get how people find them. Like how did people find Jeffrey, Rex, Kevin, etc. All those people who don't have aliexpresses... how did they even find them in the first place. How do hair companies like ONYC, ManeDepot, AllAboutMyHair, Wagmans, Laniks, find these private vendors. I'm sure there are a lot of people on here who have PVs that barely anyone on this site knows. 

I'm just confused as to how people found these people in the first place... did they fly to China?
India?

Oh yeah, and I'm fully aware about people not disclosing PV's on this site for fear of lesser quality and all that, that's why I'm not asking for PVs... I was just wondering how people even find them, like what kind of research are they doing to find them, yah know?

Edited by lalaLeslie - Feb 03 2013 at 9:08pm

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2013 at 9:05pm
Originally posted by Lwhite1960 Lwhite1960 wrote:

My pv is Jeffrey. I love everything I have ever bought from him (all 11 units). Some hate him, but I have my own personal opinion and experiences with him. So to each her/his own. Good luck!

It's not private if you say who your vendor is... I don't think Jeffrey counts as a PV...? at least not on this site since everyone here knows him, but anyway, he's the first person I've ever purchased from. I didn't really like the hair, it was too shiny and kind stringy in my opinion, but maybe I wasn't specific enough, especially since it was my first ever purchase from a CV.
ShadyLady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ShadyLady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 3:15am
It's really all trial and error. Most of us don't fly overseas just to research hair lol.

If you're looking for a CV, the best thing to do is narrow the search on AE or AB to the type of hair you're looking for. From there, pay close attention to vendor ratings. Make sure your actually read the reviews on AE because some people out a good star rating, but the words actually tell the truth.

From the ratings, cross check the vendors you like with Google, BHM, and anywhere else you might find people's opinions on it.Sometimes you find info that can help you search a vendor off your list.

Once you narrow it down to a few vendors, start chatting with them. Tell them exactly what you want, and see if they can do it. To be honest, some will try to bullsh!t you.If you sound hair savvy, a lot of them these days are honest about what kind of processing they do. When I deal with a new vendor, I tell them straight up that if the hair is not satisfactory, I will expect a refund and will give them a bad review lol.

From there, it's trial and error. You place an order and hope like hell you get good hair. If you do, you thank your lucky stars, and keep that vendor on your team. In all honesty, that's no guarantee you'll get good hair the next . time you order. All the more reason to hold on to them and keep it on the low if you do.

Good luck and happy hunting!
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 9:40am
I mostly buy from AVs now but I do have two vendors which I consider PVs (technically there isn't really such a thing) which I found by talking to reps for awhile to gauge their responses and by placing an order for a stock item.   I check out their quality for awhile then if I'm pleased proceed to place a custom order and just continue the process since their products seem to be consistent.
LovesLace View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LovesLace Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 10:40am
Originally posted by lalaLeslie lalaLeslie wrote:

Originally posted by Kiwistardust Kiwistardust wrote:

Lol yeah, I know there is no PV site. But I just don't get how people find them. Like how did people find Jeffrey, Rex, Kevin, etc. All those people who don't have aliexpresses... how did they even find them in the first place. How do hair companies like ONYC, ManeDepot, AllAboutMyHair, Wagmans, Laniks, find these private vendors. I'm sure there are a lot of people on here who have PVs that barely anyone on this site knows. 

I'm just confused as to how people found these people in the first place... did they fly to China?
India?

Oh yeah, and I'm fully aware about people not disclosing PV's on this site for fear of lesser quality and all that, that's why I'm not asking for PVs... I was just wondering how people even find them, like what kind of research are they doing to find them, yah know?
They can be found on Alibaba and other hair import/export sites. The AV's find their vendors like everyone else. They buy from  the CV/IV's and test the hair and give specifics about what they want. If they meet their requirements that's who they use.
It requires spending money and loss of money to get what you want.
texasmami0117 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote texasmami0117 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 05 2013 at 9:21am
ms. blue.....your avi LMAO LOL

I've been lurking since 2008 and still haven't bought from a vendor because of fear. Even after doing my research. It's like a drug deal.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic