I permed my virgin Indian hair

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 3:37pm
Nice! I am going to perm my straight hair to get a kinky straight texture.  I'll do a test strip. Will this only work on virgin Indian hair? It seems like everyone is perming their VIH.
Sponsored Links

TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2014 at 8:26pm
Originally posted by BelleAmore BelleAmore wrote:

can you still color the hair after it has been permed?
also does it feel dry?

Yes, you can still color it.  It doesn't feel dry at all, and I don't get that feeling of having my hands chopped up when I run my fingers through it. 

What I have found is that there is potential for breakage, simply because curly hair is slightly more delicate than straight hair.  If you have the time for it, I thoroughly suggest processing hair by yourself to get the texture you want because the salon and home perms tend to be much less damaging than the industrial strength stuff that is used by Chinese vendors.  I also recommend using Indian hair because it is much softer to the touch than Chinese hair.  I permed a batch before, years ago, and I was super happy with the results and then hair just seemed to last forever.
BelleAmore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BelleAmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:51am
Thanks Tok!!! I'm going to try it this weekend with some old hair I have.
Kaee0890 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaee0890 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:56am
How much would you sell it for?
Kaee0890 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kaee0890 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 8:58am
How much would you sell it for?
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 12:06pm
Originally posted by Jess Jess wrote:

Nice! I am going to perm my straight hair to get a kinky straight texture.  I'll do a test strip. Will this only work on virgin Indian hair? It seems like everyone is perming their VIH.
BelleAmore View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BelleAmore Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2014 at 12:14pm
^^^^ She answered here
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

also does it feel dry?

Yes, you can still color it.  It doesn't feel dry at all, and I don't get that feeling of having my hands chopped up when I run my fingers through it. 

What I have found is that there is potential for breakage, simply because curly hair is slightly more delicate than straight hair.  If you have the time for it, I thoroughly suggest processing hair by yourself to get the texture you want because the salon and home perms tend to be much less damaging than the industrial strength stuff that is used by Chinese vendors.  I also recommend using Indian hair because it is much softer to the touch than Chinese hair.  I permed a batch before, years ago, and I was super happy with the results and then hair just seemed to last forever.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 4:35am
Kaee,

I wasn't sure at first, but after taking into account that these are new, longer-length wefts that were virgin indian hair and the time it took for me to process them and produce this curl, I'd probably sell them for not much more than what I originally paid for them.  I *think* they were in the ballpark of $205-210 for all three, ideally, I'd like to sell for around $190 if I decide to do so.  Every time I look at that hair, I keep changing my mind.  I'm giving myself until my next hair appointment, which is another week, to really finalize my decision.
Jess View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 8:45am

^^^^ She answered here
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

also does it feel dry?

Thank you!
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 16 2014 at 11:42am
Chinese hair can be permed but you'd have to use an extremely strong alkaline perm to get a decent wave and it will def fry the strands.....
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic