Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

I need some advice y'all

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
samiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need some advice y'all
    Posted: May 26 2014 at 9:32pm
Heyy *waves*

So I've been working at this place for about a month now. I recently found out that one of my bosses (one of the 3 assistant managers) told a gossipy coworker that I'm mentally disabled and he told everyone else that i work with literally. I asked every last one of my coworkers and they all told me they heard the same thing from him and that he got this info from the assistant manager. This rumor has been around since i started working there. I know if i were actually mentally disabled or whatever i could sue, but I'm not. This has been bothering me since i heard about it. What should i do? Could i still sue/is it worth it? Am i overreacting?

This assistant manager and this coworker of mine are always gossiping and making up stories about people. Everyone else that i work with including the other managers are perfect. I'm sure if i went to my manager, he'd do something about it, but i fear his solution would be just a lame sit down then i have to continue working with these fools. I want them fired. Idk if I'm reaching or overreacting though.

My plan was to have a bunch of people i know call corporate to complain about the two of them (as customers) then have my coworkers complain to corporate and THEN sit down with her and the manager and discuss this rumor she started about me. All the complaints + me speaking with themanager would have to get her fired... Right?

I work in retail btw

Suggestions and comments pleeeaase

And please let me know if I'm overreacting lol
Sponsored Links

yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 9:38pm
HR.
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 9:40pm
You can file against him for Defamation Of Character.

Thing is, will everyone/anyone back you up

DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 9:42pm
yes human resources...dayum they nutcases.....guess they don't want their jobs...hang in there and keep us uptodate ....sorry to read of your dilemma...
foxyroy19 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote foxyroy19 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 9:44pm
You doing too much....having friends call in to pretend.  Please stop and just do your job.
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 9:50pm
damn that's messed up. 

having someone you know send a complaint email actually isn't a bad idea since you work in retail. i just wouldn't go as far as to have several people send a complaint cause it could backfire on you. 

so yeah, i'd go with that if you doubt there would be any real repercussions if you spoke up. if you decide to go that route, just make sure the scenario isn't too far fetched, sit on it for a minute and then complain to HR about he rumors. that'll make two violations of ethics on the supervisor's record in a short span of time so there would have to be some kinda action taken. 
noneyons View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote noneyons Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 9:53pm
normally i wouldn't advise someone to lie, but sh*t, its a dog eat dog world out there. if the supervisor wants to play, give him something to play with. 
ThatGurlD View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ThatGurlD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 9:55pm
I would want to know why these things were said.  Of all the stories that could be made up, why this one?  I would want to know if I'm coming off as simple?  Am I less productive than my coworkers?  Is it simply malicious?  

If it's just malice (like it sounds) I would be talking to my union rep about options.  They have just created a hostile work environment for you and that is not okay.  I wouldn't breathe a word until all my ducks were in a row and after being compensated if that's a possibility, I would continue to carry on business as usual unless of course I truly needed to step my game up.
msjaim2 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote msjaim2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 10:06pm
U def just hit the nail on the head. Hostile work environment = harassment. Contact your hr asap. My niece just went through something similar.
samiro View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote samiro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2014 at 10:15pm
Thanks y'all are the best. And yeah, I felt having people calp in and complain would be too much, but all of my coworkers have had a bad run in with these two and have valid complaint so i'll stick to being honest. I'm just fed up tye assisstant manager is rude and the gossipy coworker has started the craziest rumors about other coworkers.

I'm not sure why it started. I'm always getting compliments on my
work so I don't think that's it.

It started when my dad called one night after he'd been waiting outside for an hour (he was picking me up that day) and I remember her talking with my coworker saying that my dad came off as rude. I went back to work and 15 minutes later they were stilltalking about it.

Flash to 3 weeks later and I'm hearing thatbsupposedly my dad called in and told my assisstant manager that I'm mentally disabled.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic