Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Hair Care - General
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedI need HELP with my regimen!!!

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
christa s View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Topic: I need HELP with my regimen!!!
    Posted: Jul 23 2010 at 1:20pm
Hi I! :)

I decided to go natural March 2010, that is when I had my last relaxer. I have noticed that my hair has been shedding and breaking (Its not severe but, still I would like to help eliminate the problem). So now I just need help on building my hair regimen.

Here are a list of products that I use.

Shampoo 1x a week with:

Alaffia Everyday Shea Vanilla Mint Moisturizing Shampoo

I condition my hair in the shower 1x a week with:

White Rain Naturals Tropical Coconut Conditioner

After I wash my hair I apply:

1. Cantu Shea Butter Leave In Conditioning Repair Cream

2. (Sometimes I apply Africas Best Organics Kids Shea Butter Detangling Moisturizing Hair Lotion to help detangle my hair more)

3. Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Finishing Lotion

4. I apply Castor Oil to my scalp and ends to seal in the moisture.

I sometimes use my Silk Elements Luxury Moisturizing Conditioner or Silk Elements Mega Cholesterol Conditioning Treatment for a deep conditioner. I don't co-wash my hair. I just do the process above once a week. Sometimes I may add more of my Wave Nouveau and Castor Oil if it feels dry. I usually keep my hair in a protective style ( a bun or ponytail).

I feel that my hair may be lacking a protein treatment? What do you suggest? What products and treatments do I need to add or eliminate?

Thanks For All The Help!!!!!

Sponsored Links

oliviat411 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2010 at 8:18pm
I don't think that you need to grease your scalp at all with anything.  I would do a hot oil treatment before shampooing and conditioning.  That gives you the chance to put something on your scalp and to make your hair prepared to be shampooed.  Putting grease on the scalp clogs up the hair and makes hair growth slow down.  I would keep shampooing and conditioning one time a week also.  But focus the shampoo on your scalp and the conditioner on your hair.  A good protein treatment is Aphogee, but you can also put 2 eggs on your hair and let it sit for about 30 minutes.  If your hair feels dry, I would put a serum on it, hair gloss, or a lotion.  What is really good for me is either the Garnie Fructice hair milk, or even this Latino hair stuff called Sedal ceramidas.  It is a leave in conditioner in a pink bottle.  Good luck!
allanweary View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2010 at 7:18am
I completely agree with you.
Originally posted by oliviat411 oliviat411 wrote:

I don't think that you need to grease your scalp at all with anything.  I would do a hot oil treatment before shampooing and conditioning.  That gives you the chance to put something on your scalp and to make your hair prepared to be shampooed.  Putting grease on the scalp clogs up the hair and makes hair growth slow down.  I would keep shampooing and conditioning one time a week also.  But focus the shampoo on your scalp and the conditioner on your hair.  A good protein treatment is Aphogee, but you can also put 2 eggs on your hair and let it sit for about 30 minutes.  If your hair feels dry, I would put a serum on it, hair gloss, or a lotion.  What is really good for me is either the Garnie Fructice hair milk, or even this Latino hair stuff called Sedal ceramidas.  It is a leave in conditioner in a pink bottle.  Good luck!

Thanks for sharing that.

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic