Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I need a tried and true simple skin regimen....
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

I need a tried and true simple skin regimen....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 10:00am
The key to even toned, firm, GLOWING like the sun, acne free skin is steaming it.

Steaming is my #1 beauty 'secret' and exfoliation is my #2.

It's that simple.
Steaming opens up the pore to free it of everything within: blackheads, dead skincells, hardend sebum, bacteria.

Then you take a cleanser and since those pores are open, it can actually work now!

I cleanse with my clarisonic

Rinse with warm water, then a final rinse of COLD water.

Tone if your skin type likes it. I am always looking for new toners. Sometimes I make my own.

Then I moisturize. I have a few different ones. Sometimes I just cut open a piece of aloe and apply the gel to my skin.

My clarisonic is my only daily exfoliator. My toner removes the rest, and I use glycolic acid lotion most nights.
Once every winter I do a deep exfoliation on my face with Retin A.

I never use granules or grainy things on my face. In my experience what i wrote above works much better.

For my body, I have a steamer and go to the sauna to purge my pores of toxins and gunk.
I shower with scrubbing gloves and a body brush. That is my exfoliation. I bought the original koji san soap but i must've used it twice. Still looking for that Japanese towel.

I lotion my skin wet with cocoa butter. I never dry my skin with a towel. ever. My stretch marks and scars have all faded from using the cocoa butter. Back home my granny would make cocoa butter for us and our skin was always radiant and even toned like whoa! So i send home for it.
When I run out of cocoa butter I use whatever lotion i have in the house until I get some more...them body butters from body shop or queen helen cocoa butter cream. I always have a bottle of that.
Sponsored Links

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 10:06am

thanks derri

i steam on and off too..it works well when im consistent too

i actually have a facial steamer i got for christmas one year...i havent touched it in two years...

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 10:10am
when i really wanna clean my pores i close both bathroom doors/window and shower with really hot water.. 

i then cleanse or do betonite directly after..

i wonder if thats just as good as steaming..? 

im scared of enlarged pores though.. i think I've gotten one or two 

Edited by coconess - Feb 03 2014 at 10:19am
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 10:17am
The steam from the shower helps, but for me it's not nearly as good as the sauna.

Pores don't open and close. It's not a contracting muscle, like the anus. When your pores are free of debry like a blackhead, they appear larger, but only in comparison to when they were filled..with debry.

If you have larger pores now, that's genetics. The steam itself wont cause more.

Edited by Derri - Feb 03 2014 at 10:19am
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 10:19am
ok. ill have to try going to the sauna like once a week or something 

i also would consider a clarisonic.. 

I've read that how your pores open in the shower/steam.. they can stay open.. especially if you use hot water directly on your face. 
and I've noticed what my friend and i call, 'holes in their face' some ppl have huuuge ones… it looks like a dent.. hopefully you picture what I'm talking about. i didnt use to have them but i think i have 1 now.. not huge.. but i notice it. 

let me see if i can find a pic 

Edited by coconess - Feb 03 2014 at 10:21am
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 10:25am
I know exactly what you're talking about.
The pore cannot open and close, BUT it can change size with age due to lack of elasticity in the skin, or manually by pulling and tugging hard like when you have lots of acne and become a compulsive picker.

Edited by Derri - Feb 03 2014 at 10:28am
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 10:27am
okay maybe thats what it is.. my skin is very dry.. and when i was younger i really really really dried it out.. and never moisturized.. I'm doing better now but i know I've lost lots of elasticity.. tis why i look old probably. 

i need to get consistent with collagen and hyaluronic acid 
Derri View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derri Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 10:33am
Me too.
Bonjour baby ooowee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour baby ooowee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 10:36am
wOw i never really thought about a skin regimen and i get lots of compliments on my skin, ive been doing the same thing now for 15+ years.

since i had my children it dawned on me to use babywash on my face i started out using babymagic by mennen then they changed the formula so ive been with johnsons baby moisture wash now enriched with lotion for smoother skin.

i also was my face in a upward motion NOT downward ( this trains your skin not to sag) if you use a downward motion everyday you're training your skin to droop Dead

2wice per week i use queen helene's mint julep masque & wallah Star
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rumbera Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 11:15am
My simplified version, hmmm....

Drinking plenty of water and really try to stay away from coffee (which I love ) and caffeine.

Jucing on an empty stomach really makes my skin glow and healthy looking.

My basic routine at the moment without all the extras;

*Wash my face with Dead Sea Minerals Vitamin C facial wash, I picked this up at Ross and love it. I try to stock up on them when I can.
* Toner.. Papaya Toner and I have another green tea toner by MUA choice.
* Spray my face with either NaPca or H2O Oasis facial mist
* Apply HA serum (only at night)-- Optional but worth it if you can find a good serum.
* Vitamin C serum or Lumeme BB Vitamin C serum
*Moisturizer.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair