Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I need a tried and true simple skin regimen....
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

I need a tried and true simple skin regimen....

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>

Bootiful Cream

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Midna View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Midna Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 6:43am
Originally posted by coconess coconess wrote:

does the baking soda bubble/sizzle when you guys use it? 

i think the one other time i used it… it didnt do that.. 

but this time i used vitamin c crystals, vitamin e oil, and water… it was really bubbling and an odd consistency.. 

Hun.. you're neutralizing the Vitamin C. LOL The acidity of vitamin c is what allows the C to penetrate effectively. That bubbling is the baking soda neutralizing and alkalizing the acidic vitamin c.

By using something as highly alkaline as baking soda with it, you remove its acidic properties and very likely, its ability to penetrate your epidermis effectively. Actually, you neutralize vitamin C's efficacy completely.

L-Ascorbic acid is what helps your skin, not L-Ascorbic base! You're essentially wasting your vitamin C.

What I think is a far better option is to simply exfoliate with baking soda first and after you're completely rinsed off, put your vitamin c mixture on your skin to lower the pH of your skin and help your skin regain its protective acid mantle that the baking soda stripped away.

We're actually not supposed to use baking soda nor anything highly alkaline on our skin since it removes our protective acid mantle, but I'm not gonna lie, baking soda is a freaking fantastic exfoliant and once in awhile I commit that skincare sin but make sure to reacidify my skin asap.
Sponsored Links

DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 7:01am
@MIDNA...u good...u good
Princess_S View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Princess_S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 7:11am
My regi is very simple. 

Cleanse with Pure African black soap or Kojic Acid Soap (I alternates these daily)
Moisterise with Neutrogena oil Free Moisturizer

(I used to use an all natural toner in between but when it finished I never got a chance to repurchase. I believe I would like to buy the toner from Sephora I posted abou tin the high end makeup thread. )

OP-you stated your black soap is messy? Are you keeping it in the shower? I keep it in my linen closet and only break apart a size for that week's use. 
DiorShowGirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiorShowGirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 7:43am
WHERE is that oil thread?
IslandSuga View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote IslandSuga Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 8:31am
1. Cleanser-african black soap that I liquify myself
2. Toner-green tea, apple cider vinegar and witch hazel with some tea tree oil to keep it from going bad (i make it myself)
3. Moisturizer-right now I'm using the aubrey organics one. I'm still on the hunt for an all natural one, because I'm getting allergic reactions to some non natural products now
4. Exfoliator-clarisonic mia 3 x's a week (monday, wednesday, friday)
5. Face mask (weekly)-bentonite clay mixed with honey, turmeric, and either apple cider vinegar or water
6. I want to start making some vitamin c serum and possibly use the lactic acid peel again or try the juice beauty green apple peel to brighten and fade these acne scars
7. Tea tree oil for spot treating acne
8. Sunscreen-looking for an all natural one since I'm now allergic to the conventional ones

I decided to be cute and try the Thayer's Witch Hazel as a toner and babay my face wasn't having it. As soon as I went back to my tried and true toner up above the breakouts stopped

ModelessDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 9:05am

ok so last night i sprayed a little peroxide and water on my face....i have an pimple on my cheek

followed by some aloe vera gel

and right before i went to bed i found some coconut oil so i put a tiny bit of that on my face....it was a tad greasy...

but this morning my face looks so supple!! and the pimple is long gone

not to mention i drank a few glasses of water...i doubt that did anything though..too soon

yes!! Clap

ive had horrible sleeping habits for a while and its been showing in my face and under my eyes esp...so this is good news!!

coconut oil is definitely a staple from now on!!! i do believe this is what made my skin look as supple as it does!!

Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 9:09am

thanks guys for the additional tips

and yea my last bar black soap is in the shower...once i use this up i wont be repurchasing

no matter where i keep it it leaves brown residue...yuck

coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 9:21am
good to know midna.. 
that was my first time with that mix.. but i won't do it again 
thank you 
coconess View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote coconess Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 9:27am
Originally posted by IslandSuga IslandSuga wrote:

2. Toner-green tea, apple cider vinegar and witch hazel with some tea tree oil to keep it from going bad (i make it myself)

5. Face mask (weekly)-bentonite clay mixed with honey, turmeric, and either apple cider vinegar or water

i try to use green tea when i can too… its just a hassle.. but i think I'm gonna try to be more consistent with it. what differences have you seen? i know when i drank it daily (+ lots of water) my skin was beautiful.. but i wanna use it on the outside too. 

what differences do you notice with betonite clay? i was wondering if maybe my mix (i use turmeric too and whatever i feel) was stopping the properties of the clay or something.. do you still feel it sucking/pulsing? it doesnt do anything to my skin anymore imo  
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ModelessDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 03 2014 at 9:37am

i just added aloe vera juice to a bottle of the naked fruit smoothie drink

i feel more alive and full of energy than coffee has ever made me feel

aloe vera juice is also a staple from now on.....i need to go buy one of those humongous jugs
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarg
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 89101112>
  Share Topic