Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Luvmi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: I may have found the secret - Mederma Thread
    Posted: Jan 17 2009 at 8:28am
No really.. When I say that my dark spots have had me balling in the mirror before.. I mean it. There have been days where my breakouts and dark spots have really gotten me down.

So - I've tried EVERYTHING... Proactive, Honey - Cinnamon - Lemon masks, Retin-A micro (which worked well but was way too strong) - and finally Differin cream (which is working on my breakouts but not my dark spots).

Soo - I tried Alcaro which is hydroquinine 4%.. it didn't work and in some spots discolored me. So - I stopped that. I tried Ambi before that and lemon juice.

I tried retin-a micro but it was so strong that it made my skin sensitive to everything - air, touching, sunlight. Stopped that.

Finally - my doctor put me on Differin Creme .1 - which is for ultra sensitive skin. The gel is for less sensitive and then there is a gel .3 for severe acne.

Ok - so I've been using the differin a week - I don't have ANY breakouts.. they say your skin gets worse before it gets better with this stuff - because it's purging.. but because retin-a micro does the same thing - my transition was smooth.. ok - but what about the dark marks..

The dr reassured me that using differin by itself would eventually lighten the dark spots  - but not soon.. Ok - but what about the dark spots in the meantime? Concealor and Studio fix are really too much for everyday - so what about the dark spots?

Well - I read that Neosporin can lighten them up - so I tried it for 2 days - nothing really - a little lighter..but not really - especially since I have so MANY dark spots...but I did notice that neoporin on my active pimples (i had two) applied after washing my face when I got home from work - until I washed my face again before bed and before applying Differin for the night - minimized those bumps.. ok, so that's a new method. But what about the dark spots.

MEDERMA!!!! It really works.. That little ish is $18 for a small bottle and almost $30 for a large tube and you have to apply it 3-4 times a day... (walgreens makes a cheaper version - but I opted for the real stuff cause I wanted it to work). I've used it a total of 6 times and I already see a difference. I had only used it 3 times - when my bf said - your skin looks better already.

Crazy hunh? So I looked it up on acne.org and SURE ENOUGH people are swearing by it. So - sorry if there is already a Mederma Post in the Dark Spots section - but I wanted everyone to know that it really, really works.

I'm adding the link to my fotki album here since it was hard to find.

Edited by Luvmi - Jul 01 2009 at 2:53pm
Sponsored Links

nack.josef View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2009 at 11:09pm
Nice article and thanks for sharing a very informative information here.
tru_blu09 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2009 at 5:59pm
thats great girl! its worth it, may be cheaper in walmart maybe..
Luvmi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2009 at 3:54pm
No prob Nack - I have been crying over my face for the last 7-8 months... This past week in DC was the first time in at least 2 months that I've left the house without makeup on.. and didn't feel the need to photoshop my dark spots out of my pics..because you CAN'T SEE THEM - finally!!!

I'm gonna put pics in my fotki tonite.

Yeah  Tru - it is worth it.. especially since I spent $130 on aclaro and it didn't do squat in 4 months and this worked in a few hours.
XCellz View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2009 at 8:00pm
sounds good might try it out
Luvmi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2009 at 10:35pm
Here are the pics I promised. I bought the Mederma on Friday - the first pic is from Saturday evening - when I first began to notice a difference and the second picture is from about an hour ago.

I tried to take them in the same light. You can see that in the second picture the dark spots are lighter and the few red spots I had in the first pic are gone.. in fact - my skin color is more even in the second pic. I'll add another pic on saturday to show a week difference.

pw: darkspots
annieup View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 27 2009 at 10:37pm
thanks for sharing Luvmi. I'm gonna pick some of this Mederma up tomorrow. I've heard good things about it so I'm gonna test it out for a month.
Xxstacy27 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2009 at 3:47am
Hi thanx for this info..I've heard great things about mederma but the cost was outrageous lol but if it helps some of my acne scars and stretch marks as well Im for it..Im sick of paying for expensive make up that eventually sweats off..thanx
Luvmi View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2009 at 11:09am
Ladies - make sure you take before and after pictures. I'd love to see your progress.

Yea Xxstacy - the makeup was getting to me too - I just wanna be able to wear my natural face out in public without worrying about a bunch of spots on my face. I'll post some more update photos tonite. I'm still VERY happy with my results.
nemesis1 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 30 2009 at 12:54am
Luvmi, thanks for sharing. Your spots are really clearing. I heard about mederma last summer. I couldn't find it here. I'm in Canada. Went to every drug store in my area. No one had it. Then I asked a Pharmcist at one of the drug stores I went to and she told me it's not sold here. So I tried ordering it online from ebay and it came out to like $32 for one tube. Since nothing has worked, I'll have to buy it anyway, the price doesn't really matter anymore now that I know it really does work. I've spent way more than that in total the last yr on different things that I thought would help clear my spots, but none did. I just hope it does work.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>
  Share Topic