FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

I made my straight wig...no likey

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
nicks_hotmama06 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nicks_hotmama06 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I made my straight wig...no likey
    Posted: May 13 2014 at 10:11pm
I made a u part wig out of four bundles of virgin loose wavy Mongolian hair(22,22 18,14). I usually wear it in a pony for work and tie my leave out down (I sweat at work and I am natural so my hair puffs).
The wig is a little roomier than I thought it would be so I am gonna redo it.
My problem is I am a die hard curly girl. I don't relax and I love in Texas so the heat, humidity and bipolar weather is my straightened hair's mortal enemy. Soooo....I'm gonna process it. I read a thread and I know that boiling my hair is a NO-NO. But I can seal it in foil and steam it in boiling water. Or I can perm it. So I must choose.
Which is the least damaging??? Has anyone ever actually processed a hair with the steam and not boiling water? Will straigtening with heat not allow for reversion of steamed curls???
Here is the url to the actual page/thread: 
I am thinking of just setting it around aluminum curlers (since perm rods pop). I want a tad more texture so I may twist and curl. TIA

Tried to post a pic.....having no luck.....

Sponsored Links

cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 12:25pm
I set some hair on perm rods and boiled it - didn't lose any curls.

I was making a loose wave texture though.

I've seen a few people use foil and sometime it can come out a little frizzy,
newbee27 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote newbee27 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 1:34pm
i boiled some hair once with some conditioner and olive oil in the water and it was fine. Hair is still curly too
cosmogirl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cosmogirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2014 at 2:18pm
Originally posted by newbee27 newbee27 wrote:

i boiled some hair once with some conditioner and olive oil in the water and it was fine. Hair is still curly too

Yes, I used conditioner and olive oil as well - no probs.

I did some wefts as my body wave wig needed a little bit of ooomph. So I boiled some CVR in perm rods so I could add the wefts.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic