FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

I made kale chips...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
bweave_itn08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bweave_itn08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 18 2012 at 8:41am
Originally posted by Melissa-bee Melissa-bee wrote:

I am making these tomorrow. I don't have olive oil so I'm going to use hempseed oil and seasalt.
How did they turn out?
Sponsored Links

Melissa-bee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa-bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2012 at 3:03pm
I made two batches. 
I used coconut oil instead and seasoned them with a premixed seasoning (garlic, pepper and chilli)
The first batch came out okay. I was a bit worried because apparently if the leaves are not dried properly they get steamed and still come out soft. I didn't have any real way of thoroughly drying the leaves.  The first batch still came out crispy so that was good. 
The second batch got burnt a lil and some were still soft. 
I'll defo make some in the future.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bweave_itn08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 19 2012 at 3:40pm
Nice!! I'm gonna try this with collard greens and chard as well.
whambamm View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote whambamm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2012 at 8:09am
Never hear of em! Thanks for the tip. I try to eat healthier and I like kale and spinach and swiss chard. But i've NEvER heard of em being a chip.

I'll try it.
Pink Humming Bird View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pink Humming Bird Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 07 2012 at 3:22pm
Hey Girls,
I'm new to the site and just trying to find my way around. I made the kale chips last week. I saw Dr. Oz showing 'em. I was so excited to make them, but I think I put way too much sea salt. They were horrible! I will give them a second try without the salt. A bit of garlic and olive sounds good I think I will try that.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bweave_itn08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 13 2012 at 9:12am
Welcome to the site PHB..

Yes I've made the mistake of being heavy handed with the sea salt on kale as well.LOL  Did you use coarse or fine?  With the coarse it's easier to not sprinkle on too much. 

The garlic alternative should be good too. 
curlsandkinksfordays View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote curlsandkinksfordays Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2014 at 9:01am
I know I am extremely late but thanks for this post! I am on a low carb diet and I need a crunch in my life. I will be making these this evening with some fun seasonings and different oils to see what I like best. Thanks for the inspiration.

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wQuK6bq/ -

bellavici View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bellavici Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 01 2014 at 12:25am
I just started making kale chips a couple of weeks ago and I LOVE THEM. It is sad how much I was eating them for the first two weeks lol, my favorite were the salt and vinegar ones I made.

Absolutely delicious imo.
bolayi11 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bolayi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 06 2014 at 1:50pm
kale chips are also great to sprinkle in rice meals to get some some veggies into meals!

Kale wraps are also awesome low carbs options!
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 6:48pm
I made kale chips several times and it was okay to me.  I find it easier to give up potato chips than trying to find a substitute.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic