BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Eating Healthy
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

I made kale chips...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

Author
bweave_itn08 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bweave_itn08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I made kale chips...
    Posted: May 21 2012 at 10:29am
Has anyone ever made them?  Fairly simple to do.. I actually enjoyed them. 
Sponsored Links

hairologist View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairologist Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 21 2012 at 4:19pm
How did you make them? I have heard of them but never amde them before.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bweave_itn08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 23 2012 at 8:30am
Originally posted by hairologist hairologist wrote:

How did you make them? I have heard of them but never amde them before.
after taking the leaves off the stem and cutting them into smaller pieces.. I placed the kale on a baking sheet in a single layer, drizzled some olive oil over it and some salt(sea salt is best but I only had table salt) then put them in the oven on 300 for about 12 mins.. they get crispy.  Kale is an interesting leaf to eat.. lol
pinkmonster View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pinkmonster Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 29 2012 at 10:42pm
Oh, I love kale. But I have never made kale chips. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Smile I heard that kale is rich in vitamin K, isn't it?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bweave_itn08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2012 at 8:31am
Originally posted by pinkmonster pinkmonster wrote:

Oh, I love kale. But I have never made kale chips. Thanks for sharing your recipe! Smile I heard that kale is rich in vitamin K, isn't it?
it is indeed rich in Vit K.. and a host of other vitamins. 
quenquen View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote quenquen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 04 2012 at 11:39pm
I tried these a couple of years ago and I didn't care for them....maybe I roasted them too long...they were bitter.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bweave_itn08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2012 at 10:44am
Originally posted by quenquen quenquen wrote:

I tried these a couple of years ago and I didn't care for them....maybe I roasted them too long...they were bitter.
They do have a bit of a bitter taste to them.. The olive oil and sea salt really helps with that.  Not much but some.
Gia2009 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gia2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 05 2012 at 4:32pm
I made spinach chips the same way you made the Kale. At first bit I liked them, they kind of tasted like Lays classic chips, then when I kept eating them, I didn't like them. Maybe I should try the kale. 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bweave_itn08 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 06 2012 at 11:35am

I think these types of food have an acquired taste.  Kale, Spinach, Collards.. if you're not cooking them to death, the taste is different.  I have spinach and will try the chips with those as well.  Maybe I'll add some seasoning to it to see if that helps.

Edited by bweave_itn08 - Jun 06 2012 at 11:36am
Melissa-bee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Melissa-bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2012 at 7:28pm
I am making these tomorrow. I don't have olive oil so I'm going to use hempseed oil and seasalt.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
  Share Topic