Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Natural Hair Care > Natural Hair Care
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

I Love My Hair! (pics)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
iskalay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iskalay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I Love My Hair! (pics)
    Posted: Sep 28 2013 at 10:29pm
First of all, I just want to pay homage to BeautyWitch for inspiring the style this post will soon rave about. 

I used to stalk follow check her Fotki from time to time when I first decided to go natural about 5 years ago. The plan was to transition for about 12 months, but this awesome styling option (BeautyWitches former...or maybe current, IDK...signature style kind of inspired me to finally take the plunge and BC....just so I could try the style on my own n-a-t-u-r-a-l hair. 

I couldn't stand the anticipation and wound up big chopping 2 months early, so a 10-month transition (for those who don't want to do the math).

Here are a a few pics of me trying the style during my first month of napturality..

I don't know why I've taken so long to try the style again....

BUT, I'm loving it now for several reasons:

1. It reduces the bulk in my hair (the ROOTS!)
2. It reduces tangles
3. It's very versatile, quick, and easy to manage
4. It helps my hair to clump like never before
5. It lasts 3+ weeks!
6. It made me fall in love with my hair and my curl pattern...well, this style and some Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In Repair Creme + EVOO & Water. 

Do you know what style I'm talking about?

BRAIDED ROOTS! 

*fakest smile ever*

...the pics kinda suck Embarrassed ...will take better ones next time.

I'm a super busy mom working my hustle and working multiple jobs and I'm finding that my hair is one of the first things I neglect because of the time it takes to care for it. With the braided roots, my hair has been effortless to manage and style....and I've only just begun to explore my options.

This style will take me through the Winter allowing me to care for hair that has NEVER been this long in my life (almost BSL stretched!)

Kinda long...and I may have ranted at some parts...but thanks for reading! Big smile

#MyHairCanGrow #WhoKnew 

Sorry, had another moment there.

...Side Note: "napturality,"what does that mean anyway Geek?

Style Notes for the hair in pics:

This set is a refresh from when I re-discovered the style early September. I re-did the original set after about 3 weeks, but it could have went longer. After refreshing it, I did a bantu knot set (8-10 of them), tied with a satin scarf, and called it a night. Knots were taken out the next morning and pics were taken at the end of a busy day (i.e. today)

Edited by iskalay - Sep 29 2013 at 8:07am
Sponsored Links

JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 29 2013 at 5:59pm
Wow... never seen that before! Neat idea!
Miss B View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Miss B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 1:44pm
Brilliant!!! This might be my go to for spring. My roots ALWAAAYYYYSSSS skrink up and crush my big hair dreams to moderate afro pillows, lol
Benni View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Benni Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2013 at 1:54pm
Braided roots are great. Congratulations on finding something that works well for you
newin2009 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote newin2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2013 at 8:54am
I really like your hair! I have never seen that style before. Great idea!
lala71848 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lala71848 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2013 at 5:31pm
Im going to try thus, never heard of it before. Do u have any more pictures of this style?
krisviola1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote krisviola1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2013 at 5:52pm
Braiding at the roots is awesome.  That's a very pretty style on you.  If I want to wear small twists for a few days, I have no choice but to braid one or two inches at the roots and twist the rest of the way down because my thin hair unravels easily.
chinadoll77 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chinadoll77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 5:01am
Might give this a try how hard is it on your ends though?
iskalay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote iskalay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 8:54am
Thanks everyone Smile

@lala: not very good ones...I usually wear it in buns, updos and random pin ups so I'm sure I have no other pics of me wearing it down. I'll be trying to take some pics of it down this week though.

@chinadoll: not hard at all! In fact, I think it has been helping my ends! With my roots braided, the need for detangling has dropped dramatically. I just re-moisturize and I'm good to go. 

Styling and maintenance has been such a breeze that I'm able to better care for my hair using the time I would have spent styling. 

Pic at this link is from when I first first did them back in early Sept: http://www.shesaboss.org/2013/09/03/nervous-but-ready-pumpitup-campaign-diary-entry-01/

These pics are from a few weeks after before re-doing them:

iskalay View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iskalay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 06 2013 at 8:56am
^^^^^^^^

Style Notes: French braid going up in the back to about my crown. The bang is one giant twist and I just pin curled to the side...wore it like this for at least few days
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic