Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Diets, Diets, and More Diets!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedI lost 17.5 lbs last month eating only tuna

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
momentoindigo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 14 2013 at 8:48pm
Lol I guess. I'm just trying to convey that it isn't the tuna that's the miracle worker. Eating that few calories a day of anything will have u losing weight. Because ur starving lol.
Sponsored Links

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 11:04am
no. if u consume that few calories of any food... you will still lose weight. the miracle is in the lack of daily caloric intake. not the tuna. if you are consuming under 1500 calories with that meal and that meal being all that u eat everyday... that's why you're losing weight.
Lady ICE View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by Boo Boo Bear Boo Boo Bear wrote:

Ive tried this before but I only did it for only 5 days and it worked for me. I did it for 5 days straight then ate regular low cal for a week then back on it again for 5 days. Lost 20 pounds in a month and have kept it off. Most folks only do it for 3 dayz but I likes tuna so I wus able to squeeze out 5. 
good idea! thanks.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 15 2013 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Lady ICE Lady ICE wrote:

Originally posted by Boo Boo Bear Boo Boo Bear wrote:

Ive tried this before but I only did it for only 5 days and it worked for me. I did it for 5 days straight then ate regular low cal for a week then back on it again for 5 days. Lost 20 pounds in a month and have kept it off. Most folks only do it for 3 dayz but I likes tuna so I wus able to squeeze out 5. 
good idea! thanks.

i second that. i think i might alternate salmon and tuna though throughout the week. i love tuna but i don't want it to start making me smell or taste weird or something. u know how bodies take on essence over time when consuming lots of one thing.

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2013 at 1:30pm
ur gonna have major bowel problems after that night lol. i know whenever i eat super clean for awhile and binge my stomach gets tore up and im not even sensitive. 

but its worth it lol

im doing tuna with avocado mashed in instead of mayo.
kilaniboo View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2013 at 1:33pm
Glad to see its working for you, do you mind updating with progress pics? im doing weightloss with a more balanced diet and i eat 5 small meals a day with exercise. Even if i wanted to try this way, I couldnt because i absolutely hate tuna! but i do eat alot of fish (mostly tilapia) anyways would love to see pics!

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 22 2013 at 11:15am
don't know about carbs and avocado but i know its a lot healthier with way more benefits than mayo
Immie89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2013 at 11:12pm
Is this a short term goal?? Because I don't get why you would kill yourself like this and than stuff your face with Pizza Hut junk food...becoming healthy is a life long commitment. No short cuts...enjoy your very short lived weight loss.
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2013 at 12:48am
Originally posted by yurika975 yurika975 wrote:

The lols are because you are starving....eating a can of two with two eggs and fixing but only sugar free drinks. That is equal to one meal....You are going to throw your metabolism out of wack. The weight will come roaring back and bring plenty of rolls along for the ride. You have no veggies no vitamins etc. 

Absolutely correct!!

I think I have f' ed up my metabolism from going on these type of diets for so many years.

You are basically starving yourself on this all protien diet.

The second you have regular carbs again .. and you have to have carbs to live .. you will gain that lost weight back PLUS a couple of extra pounds. This is how you diet yourself UP to a size 16.

In fact, if you stay with all protien diets ... eventuallly you will starve to death. Now you won't be hungry so it's not that kind of starving but your body will be depleted from the nutrients it needs. So .. say you were on a desert island and all you ate was fish ... eventually you would die of malnutrition. 

I  have tried every diet there is but the only thing that really works is:

- plenty of water. A gallon plus a day is good
- regular exercise. For me 1 hour a day (1 day a week off)
- plenty of lean protien, eggs, veggies, fruits, nuts, wheat bread ... other foods in small amounts like just 1 cookie .. not the whole package.

The best program is Weight Watchers which allows a little bit of everything. Do this regularly and you will lose weight such that if you have a burger from McDonalds or a candy bar every now and then ... it will not throw your body into hysteria and cause it to boomerrang back on with the weight.

I am talking all big and brave but yes, I still struggle with the 3 points above because it's hard to stay focused. Confused

Edited by Printer_Ink - Mar 24 2013 at 4:17pm
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2013 at 12:56am
Originally posted by ShesalmostFlawless ShesalmostFlawless wrote:

Getting weak and craving pizza hut.Stuffed crust ,pepperoni and sausage wit extra cheeseCry.I just ate my can of tuna.I don't know what triggered the craving!I'm not going to give in wish me well guys.

See .. your body is starting to rebel .. you will crash and burn and gain it alll back.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
iLace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2345>
  Share Topic