Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I know we've gone over this before but... EDGES
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

I know we've gone over this before but... EDGES

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

Author
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 15 2013 at 5:37pm
So I want to reinstall my two bundles of indian hair that I dyed, but i'm trashing the LUxy Hair, after dying it and bleaching it it just feels weird!

Any who I'm trying to think of what I can do to make my install really nice, flat and easy to deal with So I'm thinking of a middle part and I"m really contemplating braiding my edges but they did grow with being out but they are still short and don't seem to lay down. So I was figuring with the middle part the hair will lay down and the edges wont have to be seen or gelled but it's so easy with my edges braided but I don't want them gone... 

Anyways I want to show yall what i'm talking about with my edges....

Edited by Bribby - Aug 16 2013 at 5:15pm
Sponsored Links

Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 11:55am
OMG I'm looking for some constructive criticism 
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 12:06pm
So do you really want my advice? Cos you know Suga will give you some.

1st off you have way to much leave out.
2nd you will have to do a reverse track around your perimeter from temple to temple going around the back with the littlest amount of hair you can leave out.
3rd you can always braid your leaveout going downwards from your temple to the top of your ear and sew a reverse track that way. This way only you know how the tension on your edges can be at a minimum.

Now if it were Suga I would sew my tracks on a dome cap and sew a reverse track under the elastic part close to the edge then push my edges under the elastic of the cap. No need to braid it up. It will just be slicked back under the elastic and the reverse track will not let you band show when the wind blows. That's the way I save my edges.

Edited by sugabanana - Aug 16 2013 at 2:08pm
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 12:10pm
Finally BRIBBY you know DOGGONE well your leave out don't match no Indian hair. Go on and get you some yaki or relaxed textured hair on your next install so you won't have to use heat to make your hair blend. Luv you like a big sister.Hug
MISS CR View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MISS CR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 12:15pm
Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

Do you all suggest braiding your edges or leaving them out?

I've realized my edges are like broken off i'm not sure what it can be..
When I wear my hair out I always flat iron it but I'm really careful and use a lot of heat protectant
I thinkkk it's from not wrapping my hair at night and my daughter tends to step on my hair and pull at it so this is why I'm going to get a weave...

I usually don't wear my edges out just because I don't want to try to flat iron or manipulate them and further mess them up and also because they are much shorter than the rest of my hair 
theyre like and inch and a half

I want a side part in my weave...

How do yall do it?
How does your daughter step on your hair?Confused 
Also, use a satin pillow case. I find that whatever moisure I use before bed allows my hair to still be moisturized in the morning when I use a satin pillow case
LeeMari View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LeeMari Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 12:18pm
I agree w. suga you have too much hair left out. Half an inch is probably all you need. 
kandyse1988 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kandyse1988 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 12:36pm
i agree with suga as well... your primary job is to not put much tension on your edges. its way to much leave out to try and blend with indian hair.. coarse, and yaki textures are better if u want to leave that much hair out.  If you do decide to do a dome cap with a closure the elastic band method is great with the reverse track input because it covers the edges and perimeter. On youtube there is a girl who youtube name is peakmill and she uses that method when doing the cap... just be cautious about the tightness of the band so it wont damage your edges from being too tight.

now as far as sewing it in you can braid it all up and get a closure... now whoever does the install needs to be great.. because there are plenty of people who get side part/ middle part sew ins and the braids on the side doesnt show because they curve the tracks properly so that when the wind blows it wont show nothing but hair 

if it was me i would use the dome cap method.. i dont use the elastic band i just sew the closure onto the dome cap etc.. anyways you will have the opportunity  to take care your edges so they can start growing back.. I heard that JBCO 
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 1:19pm
Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

So do you really want my advice? Cos you know Suga will give you some.

1st off you have way to much leave out.
2nd you will have to do a reverse track around your perimeter from temple to temple going around the back with the littlest amount of hair you can leave out.
3rd you can always braid your leaveout going downwards from your temple to the top of your ear and sew a reverse track that way. This way only you know how the tension on your edges can be at a minimum.

Now if it were Suga I would sew my tracks on a dome cap and sew a reverse track under the elastic part close to the edge then push my edges under the elastic of the cap. No need to braid it up. It will just be slicked back under the elastic and the reverse track will not let you band show when the wind blows. That's the way I saw my edges.

Originally posted by sugabanana sugabanana wrote:

Finally BRIBBY you know DOGGONE well your leave out don't match no Indian hair. Go on and get you some yaki or relaxed textured hair on your next install so you won't have to use heat to make your hair blend. Luv you like a big sister.Hug

Lol OK! That is what I'm talking about. I believed I had way too much leave out as well I just wanted the lady to be careful. But, I'm sure I'll have to look at some videos to understand exactly what you're saying... Sounds like a good idea, I just have a small head so I just don't want nothing to look like too big I guess is what I'm saying I want it to be flat

Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by MISS CR MISS CR wrote:

Originally posted by Bribby Bribby wrote:

Do you all suggest braiding your edges or leaving them out?

I've realized my edges are like broken off i'm not sure what it can be..
When I wear my hair out I always flat iron it but I'm really careful and use a lot of heat protectant
I thinkkk it's from not wrapping my hair at night and my daughter tends to step on my hair and pull at it so this is why I'm going to get a weave...

I usually don't wear my edges out just because I don't want to try to flat iron or manipulate them and further mess them up and also because they are much shorter than the rest of my hair 
theyre like and inch and a half

I want a side part in my weave...

How do yall do it?
How does your daughter step on your hair?Confused 
Also, use a satin pillow case. I find that whatever moisure I use before bed allows my hair to still be moisturized in the morning when I use a satin pillow case

Lol she likes to play with my face and this headboard we have has shelfs so she always sits on it and jumps down and my head and hair is right there so sometime her foot just lands on the top of my head like the front of my hair line and I believe sometime my hair breaks off, I know I feel tension when it happens so I was just thinking maybe that could be the source and not having a satin pillow case, I need to get one

Edited by Bribby - Aug 16 2013 at 1:22pm
Bribby View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bribby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2013 at 1:34pm
I've had problems with u part wigs they always look to big on my head but the way I've done it in the past is hot glue it on? idk if that's the root of the problem. I use a dome cap but it always comes out too big for my head
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic