BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Relaxers
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

I just might relax my hair again

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
dISGURLLUBELMO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dISGURLLUBELMO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I just might relax my hair again
    Posted: Aug 06 2012 at 12:36pm

Background

• Did the big chop last month
  • My hair is 4c
  • Hair length: Grazing SL
  • My problem now, I have no time or patience to deal with my hair texture.
  • Before doing the big chop I was texlaxed not relaxed, the problem I had with being texlaxed was that each time I texlaxed my hair the newly texlaxed hair would look different from the previous one.
It's hot and humid and my hair is just a mess. I was thinking of doing a BKT, but I don't think that would tame my hair I was also thinking of getting a jheri curl perm. As you can see I need something to do with my hair. I really think relaxing my hair would be the best for me, because it would be easier for me to handle and maintain. I don't want to start wearing weaves and sew in because I can't deal with not being able to feel my scalp. I honestly think I'll just relax my hiar again, Any input?
Sponsored Links

LifeIsGood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LifeIsGood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 06 2012 at 2:10pm
Humidity is tough, but if you can stick out out for the summer, I'd say keep it natural.

If you can't stick it out, go ahead and relax. You can always resort back to natural.
dISGURLLUBELMO View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dISGURLLUBELMO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2012 at 5:19am
Bump
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 07 2012 at 6:24am
Originally posted by dISGURLLUBELMO dISGURLLUBELMO wrote:

Background

• Did the big chop last month
  • My hair is 4c
  • Hair length: Grazing SL
  • My problem now, I have no time or patience to deal with my hair texture.
  • Before doing the big chop I was texlaxed not relaxed, the problem I had with being texlaxed was that each time I texlaxed my hair the newly texlaxed hair would look different from the previous one.
It's hot and humid and my hair is just a mess. I was thinking of doing a BKT, but I don't think that would tame my hair I was also thinking of getting a jheri curl perm. As you can see I need something to do with my hair. I really think relaxing my hair would be the best for me, because it would be easier for me to handle and maintain. I don't want to start wearing weaves and sew in because I can't deal with not being able to feel my scalp. I honestly think I'll just relax my hiar again, Any input?

How are you styling your hair in the summer?  Can you get braids, twists, maybe a sew in with a net so you can wash/oil your scalp?  How about a high puff?
CaramelKittyKat View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CaramelKittyKat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 13 2012 at 7:22pm

I'm in the same boat as you are. I too am a 4c natural and I used to be relaxed a long time ago. I feel like when my hair is relaxed it the only state that I can actually tame and DIY my hair. I went natural because my hair was breaking off, but I think that might just been because I wasn't treating it right (also because of listening to hairstylist instead of my better judgement). Now I'm older and researched enough to know where I went wrong. But my sisters are all naturals & they're like "you'll regret it if u relax all your natural hair again". But the truth is the only time I really liked my hair the most was when I was relaxed...im also at a dilemma. Please let us kno what u decide to do! Good luck with everything!
fadedjeans15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fadedjeans15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 02 2012 at 12:18pm
I feel the same way. My natural hair is so annoying and doesn't seem like it would ever grow. I feel like I should relaxed my hair when it finally becomes even and just wear it as a cute bob cut. I don't feel pretty with natural hairstyles like twist outs and cornrows don't work because of have a Tyra Banks forehead. I would love to hear helpful replies on this thread. Thanks for reading
tiarra_monet View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tiarra_monet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 26 2012 at 5:14pm
I hear you girl. I been natural for over a year now but my issue I. Why I want a relaxer is I can't freaking blend my hair with weaves and I don't like braids or wearing natural hair especially as a young adult it doesn't appeal to my generation. I'm gonna readesrch harder on natural ways of relaxing hair but I can't do this natural thing anymore.

I heard of natural relaxers and of anybody has information please feel free to message me!
fadedjeans15 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fadedjeans15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 30 2012 at 1:04pm
@Tiarra_Monet are you the tiarra onet from YT? cuz if u are i luv ur videos u saved my hair for prom/graduation lol
natasha bee View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote natasha bee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 26 2013 at 2:08am
Hey girl,i also had my relaxed hair shoped off in nov 2011 and stayed the whole 2012 with natural and wen it reached 4cm wow i started failing to comb and the only hair styel i had was a puff and for me to do the puff in the morning i would take a good 10min and it was too much and my hair was droping like hell in the bedroom wen am combing..But i relaxed  the 10 january and its life has been made easy.yes i miss my natural hair coz i was the only one with that kind of hair at work.bt some one said i shoud mix vita afro liquid or cream,blue magic indian hemp and and blue magic hair food for my scalp and hair lotion its seem to be working for my hair texture and my hair looks healthy and big, some people say am coloured ( mixture of black person and another race)and will relax it in june or july i have braided it with wat us zambians call masai number 2 which takes 3months to look untidy Smile am Happy

Edited by natasha bee - Feb 26 2013 at 2:28am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic