Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
Dehinds View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2007 at 12:46am
troll:v.,n. 1. [From the Usenet group alt.folklore.urban]

An individual who chronically trolls in sense 1; regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by the fact that the have no real interest in learning about the topic at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of life on the net, as in, "Oh, ignore him, he's just a troll."
Sponsored Links

Wildfire View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2007 at 10:02am
Originally posted by 40acresandamule 40acresandamule wrote:

I am in a new city for 2 weeks on business. I donít know anyone here. So I started reading the posts on the forum. I read some of these arguments and drama posts, I just donít get it. Do you guys have an outside social life besides this? Or are you in the same situation? Is it just a habit to keep the forum up all the time or do you personally know the ladies on the forum?

I am not trying to be condescending but I am seriously trying to understand why someone would seriously care one way or another or have ďdramaĒ here when to me it is not that serious.

Has anyone tried joining a social group or something?  I am very curious because this internet forum thing 24/7 cannot possibly be healthyÖ Ouch

I donít like this whole business of immediately labeling people troll just because their question or approach might be direct, irritating, or not to my liking - so I'll just answer the question. Yes, some people do seem to place alot of emphasis on what happens here. I donít know why, or whatís going on in their lives, thatís their business. As for me, I work online, so I'm on the Internet almost 24/7 for work purposes, so I switch back and forth to BHM, mostly to fill time. This isnít my life and I really donít take 99% of the things on here THAT seriously, especially in the TTT section. The hair care section has valuable information, so I do take most of that seriously, since it's real information that I can use constructively in my real life, when caring for my hair. I donít fool myself into thinking I am friends with anyone here, but there are some members who I find quirky. That said, I agree that being obsessed with what is said in cyber space, whether on BHM or otherwise, is unhealthy.

Edited by Wildfire - May 11 2007 at 10:22am
mz_dynamite View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2007 at 10:15am

I find it interesting that I hear stuff like "oh it's just the internet", or " it ain't that serious", when the spotlight isn't on them, however let someone say something sideways to them on here, and all of that "It's just the internet " stuff goes right out of the window..lol!LOL

It never fails, however when someone else responds harsh back to an attack on them personally, others want to say they are taking it too seriously, I agree with deidra,  such hypocrites.......

I guess it's easier to see the flaws in others, then it is to see it in ones ownself, I can remember awhile back, siggys were changing left and right, and everyone, or at least most people on here are smart enough to know, that some of those siggys were definitely aimed at certain or a few people...... If it were not "that" serious, then why change your siggy, why send a PM to people when you feel they are spiting you, why not just let it roll right off your back, because hey it's just the internet, right?

side note--- Answering the original poster's question, not sure why some stay on the internet a lot, and I really can't say I care.  I suppose if i'm not paying for their internet service bill or chipped in to help pay for their pc's, I shouldn't care, it's their service and pc,they can do whatever with it, they so well choose to

Edited by koori_princess - May 11 2007 at 10:25am
huny2u View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2007 at 10:26am
well alright then...
first time View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2007 at 10:39am
lawd have mercy......
spilgrim View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2007 at 10:49am

Side Question??

Can somebody tell me what the hell is going on w/ BHM ? I have not been on here lately cause my job messed my internet up but when I did get a chance to check out a section and saw a topic about BHM being cliquish. I did not get to go in and I come back after a week or so and now I see a all this drama. Can I get a quick update  !!
Tira View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2007 at 10:59am
Yea, there are plenty of hypocrites on this board. People should take their own advice.

I think for a lot of ladies, BHM passes time during the day. Those who  take the internet too seriously in general should find  other things to do. It can be an addiction like drugs,  drinking, etc...
Jade Feria View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2007 at 11:49am
I'm on here mostly while I'm at work. I get alot of helpful information in the hair care section as well, which I apply to my daily living. I don't know much about any other online forum, but BHM has a big sense of community about it. It helps me to pass the time while I'm at work, keeps me abreast of current events (thanks hennypenny! lol), it's an outlet for personal issues, and I learn something here almost every day. I don't think the drama outweighs the good though.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 345
  Share Topic