Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

I Just Don't Get It!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
CallMeLaLa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I Just Don't Get It!
    Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 12:48am
Ok, I just really don't get it.

Why is it that if I want silky straight or body wave hair, I can buy lengths anywhere from 10-36 inches? But when I want kinky curly hair, the longest look I can rock is 20 inches...Yes I can PAY a 30 inch PRICE, but it will only appear to be 20 inches. I'm natural so I understand shrinkage but I just refuse to believe that the shrinkage struggle has to be 10 inches. I believe that these vendors can create 26 inch kinky curly hair that is true to length. But the real question is why don't they? I really believe they don't feel women with kinky curly hair should have hair down their backs, which is bs. Period. And I'm over it.

Ok, rant over ladies. Lol sorry. But what do y'all think?

Sponsored Links

Sahar_siy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Sahar_siy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 12:56am
I think a 10-inch shrinkage struggle is real. My hair when straightened is to my navel. I usually wear it natural though and it never even touches my shoulders, even in a twist out.

Honestly, the process to create a curl is probably labour-intensive. To do it on some 36" hair, I would not want to see the price tag on that. If you want a true 36" curly, you're probably looking at some hair that is 46-50 inches long to achieve that. Have you tried just purchasing a straight hair in the length you want and curling and boiling that yourself? 

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 1:10am
I just have to respectfully disagree with you Sahar. I believe it can be done. If I can boil the hair at home, why can't someone I'm paying hundreds of dollars boil it?
Nadiesca View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nadiesca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 6:16am
i think it can be made....you just have to place a custom order with you cv
Misjaguar View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Misjaguar Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 10:39am
hahahahahahaaaa...you are soo right.
But maybe if you pay for 30" and threaten them that you will return it if the length does not reach the straight length you will return it maybe they will make sure you have your length.

Edited by Misjaguar - Oct 17 2013 at 11:22am
MrsBishop View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MrsBishop Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 11:02am
I would assume cause the work that goes into making kinky curly hair is a lot harder than the other textures you mentioned, also their may just not be a demand for those lengths. They can probably create it but I don't know if it will be worth it from a business standpoint. I doubt the care enough to think women with kinky hair should have 26 inch hair. I'd assume just very expensive to make it true to length, which they may worry will drive away their customers. That's usually why you have to do a custom order for those types of lengths. 
Sahar_siy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sahar_siy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 17 2013 at 1:13pm
Didn't say it couldn't be done! Of course it can. But to get  36" curly, the hair has to be longer than that when it's straight, especially when you think about how long hair pulls and makes the curl seem a little looser the longer it is. Plus, the rods to curl up some 46" hair has to be insane. LOL

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CallMeLaLa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2013 at 9:45pm
Originally posted by Nadiesca Nadiesca wrote:

i think it can be made....you just have to place a custom order with you cv

Thanks for the tip Nadiesca! Wink
ShadeTree View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ShadeTree Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 2:23am

Are you asking for magic?
Kinky means the hair is curled up, curled up means loss of length. If you want 36 inch TIGHT curls the starting length will need to be much longer maybe even double. 60 inch hair is not easy to find.
Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2013 at 12:44pm
You could make the curls yourself
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>