Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedI hate sympathy with a passion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
mzsimone2 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: I hate sympathy with a passion
    Posted: Jan 07 2011 at 3:51am
I'm an angry child i admit, but i mask it well. Nothing grinds my gears more than people who act sympathetic, if you wanna get cussed out by me simply say "i'm sorry to hear that". 

I tend to internalize my pain, i don't implode i just work it out in different ways like writing or praying, i realized a long time ago no one gives a sh*t about what you're going through not a damn person unless it impacts them negatively in some way.. but i always have some nosey person that wants to ask "what's wrong" i understand i'm crying or just posted an emo ass twitter status but why do you wanna know? just to be nosey? or compare my pain to yours to rationalize if its justified or not? 

Most of the time i ignore, but every now and then my heart is so heavy i vent..... and at the end of the conversation i always get one of two reactions. "I'm so sorry to hear that" or "Damn that's messed up" Essentially the same message. But that angers me to no end. I take it as you're basically saying "Lucky that's not me, wheww" If you're not gonna help my situation or just be understanding and maybe talk to me about possible solutions to help rectify the wrongs, why the hell did you ask? I know the situation is messed up, if it wasn't i wouldn't be feeling upset about it, reaffirming that truth makes me feel more helpless because i don't know what to do and neither does a person outside of the situation that perhaps could see things in a clearer light than me, but that person's troubled about it too which makes me feel i may really be screwed. Ugh, sympathizers stay away!!!

*Waits for sarcastic "im sorry to hear that replies"* lol but does anybody share the same sentiment?
Sponsored Links

PurplePumps View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2011 at 7:12am
:-/

If you don't want people to ask then don't make it public. sh*t.

Maybe they're asking because they wanna see if they can help. Not for comparison purposes. Keep snapping like this and no one will want to help you when you really want or need it.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2011 at 7:58am
What is the reason for the anger?  If it is really impeding on your quality of life, maybe you should seek some professional help.  That is if you want it.
MZSimone View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2011 at 9:16am
was that supposed to hurt my feelings??? clearly i don't give a *&%^$#@E, hell no i don't go crying in public but i live with people....... anyways. i could give a damn about someone being there for me or not, i don't seek validation through the presence of others, i'm cool on my own, and i can handle my own problems i just hate when people pretend to be there when their actual intent is to be nosey, period. that was my whole point. When my friends go through things i don't have to know exactly what the problem is, i just know i need to be there, if they choose to tell me i'll listen and be there for them, but i won't push to know what it is, it could be something they're not ready to tell me or is simply none of my business. i just feel like people push me to tell them sh*t that i don't wanna tell them and when i do they're just like "oh damn"

I don't have facebook, twitter, nor myspace so......... yeah just an example. A friend of mine had IM'd me asking me a series of questions because they knew i have been in a tough situation for while and while i appreciate it, it just gets repetitive and i don't like pity, it doesn't call upon me to be stronger in my opinion.

Example
Friend: What's wrong i haven't seen you in a while and Saba said you changed your number
Me: Yeah i been a little down since my mom died, i have to handle a lot now on my own
Friend: Damn that's *&%^$#@Eed up

How is that supposed to make me feel? that didn't offer any solutions, but i guess i'll be appreciative since someone cared enough to even ask me. Sleepy

And i have help, that i choose. i just need to control keeping my feelings in more instead of wearing my emotions on my sleeve, that's my problem. 
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2011 at 9:51am
Why do you have 2 accounts?

And you sure type long ass paragraphs to not care so much.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2011 at 9:51am
Originally posted by longdongsilver longdongsilver wrote:

How the fucc you gon cry IN PUBLIC or write so emo sh*t IN PUBLIC and then get mad when someone asks yo punk ass why you are crying? MAN UP NIGGA. You lucky somebody even gives a damn about your sensitive 'softer side of sears' ass

Damn! Tell her how you really feel! LOL
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2011 at 9:54am
Originally posted by MZSimone MZSimone wrote:

I don't have facebook, twitter, nor myspace so......... yeah just an example.

Originally posted by mzsimone2 mzsimone2 wrote:

I always have some nosey person that wants to ask "what's wrong" i understand i'm crying or just posted an emo ass twitter status but why do you wanna know? just to be nosey? or compare my pain to yours to rationalize if its justified or not?

Confused

I is confused
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2011 at 9:54am
And isn't the question "does anyone else share the same sentiments" a search for validation?

Smh.
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2011 at 9:59am
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Originally posted by MZSimone MZSimone wrote:

I don't have facebook, twitter, nor myspace so......... yeah just an example.
Originally posted by mzsimone2 mzsimone2 wrote:

I always have some nosey person that wants to ask "what's wrong" i understand i'm crying or just posted an emo ass twitter status but why do you wanna know? just to be nosey? or compare my pain to yours to rationalize if its justified or not?
ConfusedI is confused

Lol. I am also confused. Does anyone else share the same sentiments?
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 07 2011 at 10:21am
So... When do we freepost?
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 11>
  Share Topic