Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I had surgery to change my eye colour - now blind
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

I had surgery to change my eye colour - now blind

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 1.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I had surgery to change my eye colour - now blind
    Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 5:40pm
I feel like this story was posted before.

I want to feel sorry, but I just can't...

Sponsored Links

zsazsa View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zsazsa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 5:40pm
smfh

'I had surgery in Panama to change my eye colour - but ended up blind': £8,000 unregulated op went horribly wrong for student (and had to be corrected on NHS)

• Shenise Farrell wanted to change her eye colour from dark brown to light brown so, in 2009, she flew to Central America for cosmetic surgery
  • She spent £8,000 having coloured discs implanted into her eyes - the brown implants were 'out of stock' so she agreed to have blue ones instead
  • After the operation her sight deteriorated rapidly until she was blind
  • She went to hospital in London where surgeons removed the implants
  • It took another three months before her sight returned to normal

A student from London was left temporarily blind after surgery to change the colour of her eyes.

Shenise Farrell travelled to Panama, in Central America, for the unregulated procedure to change her eye colour from dark brown to light brown.

She spent £8,000 on the operation but it went wrong and she was almost left permanently blind.

Shenise Farrell travelled to Panama for surgery to change the colour of her eyes from dark brown to light brown. The procedure went wrong and she ended up temporarily blind

Shenise Farrell travelled to Panama for surgery to change the colour of her eyes from dark brown to light brown. The procedure went wrong and she ended up temporarily blind

Ms Farrell decided in 2009 that she wanted to change the colour of her eyes and so she began researching surgical options.

Despite her family’s horror, she travelled to Panama to have a procedure which involved implanting coloured discs – like a contact lenses – into her eyes.

Ms Farrell told Channel 5’s Botched Up Bodies: 'I was so determined to get the surgery nothing rang alarm bells for me - nothing obvious.'

When Ms Farrell arrived at the clinic in Panama, she was told that she could not have the light brown implants as they were out of stock.

As a result, the surgeon informed her that she would be given blue implants instead.

Despite this not being her original intention, she decided to go ahead with the operation.

When Ms Farrell arrived at the clinic, she was told the brown implants were out of stock and she agreed to have blue ones instead

When Ms Farrell arrived at the clinic, she was told the brown implants were 'out of stock' and she agreed to have blue ones instead

Ms Farrell says that during the procedure she screamed and the surgeon told her not to scream as it 'could cause things to go wrong'.

To her huge shock, at the end of the 20 minute procedure, Ms Farrell realised she couldn’t see properly.

She says it was as though she was looking underwater but the surgeon told her not to worry and that for some patients it took up to two weeks for vision to return to normal.

However, by the time Ms Farrell returned to London her sight had deteriorated further.

After the operation in Panama, her sight deteriorated rapidly and when she returned to London she had to have another operation (pictured) to remove the implants and save her sight

After the operation in Panama, her sight deteriorated rapidly and when she returned to London she had to have another operation (pictured) to remove the implants and save her sight

Even after she had the implants removed, it was three months before Ms Farrells sight returned to normal

Even after she had the implants removed, it was three months before Ms Farrell's sight returned to normal

She went to Charing Cross Hospital where she was unable even to read the biggest letter on the optician’s chart.

Doctors at the hospital had never seen anything like it so were temporarily at a loss as to how to help her.

Eventually, it was decided that the implants had to be removed.

Ms Farrell risked permanent blindness to go under the knife again.

This time, surgeons made an incision in her corneas to allow them to remove the implants.

Ms Farrell said: ‘When I woke up I saw black. I panicked. I thought if my vision goes, my life will be over.'

Ms Farrell says she no longer minds what colour her eyes are - all that matters is that she can still see

Ms Farrell says she no longer minds what colour her eyes are - all that matters is that she can still see

However, the blackness she saw was only caused by the bandaged surgeons had placed over her eyes.

When these were removed, she was able to see again but her vision was blurry.

It took two to three months for her vision to return to normal.

She said: 'Now that my eyes are back to normal, my eyes are brown but it doesn’t matter what shade of brown it is. The main thing is that I can see.'

Botched Up Bodies will be shown on Channel 5 at 10pm tomorrow.

mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 5:41pm
    You went blind for hazel eyes......bet she was on BHM like fuk contacts these bishes aint gon come for me....
    Diane (35) View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 5:44pm
    A similar story was posted but that lady was permanently blind.

How you must mess with your eyes? Voluntarily? *hiss teeth*
    Senior Detective View Drop Down
    VIP Member
    VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Senior Detective Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 5:44pm
    This is a repost. And I hate that every thread is out of order
    ms_wonderland View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ms_wonderland Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 5:51pm
    lol how did her blind ass get back to London?  Navigating the airport and sitting in regret for all of those hours must've sucked.
    Lady ICE View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lady ICE Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 5:51pm
    Originally posted by mizzsandra00 mizzsandra00 wrote:

You went blind for hazel eyes......bet she was on BHM like fuk contacts these bishes aint gon come for me....
    LOL and its sad cause contacts are so easy to get...

at least she didnt want to change them to blue...Geek

Edited by Lady ICE - Jan 08 2014 at 5:52pm
    keepgrowing View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 5:55pm
    When Ms Farrell arrived at the clinic, she was told the brown implants were 'out of stock' and she agreed to have blue ones instead.

Edited by keepgrowing - Jan 08 2014 at 5:56pm
    keepgrowing View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote keepgrowing Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 5:56pm
    she's lucky she is able to see again

Edited by keepgrowing - Jan 08 2014 at 5:56pm
    blaquefoxx View Drop Down
    Elite Member
    Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2014 at 5:57pm
    Originally posted by keepgrowing keepgrowing wrote:

When Ms Farrell arrived at the clinic, she was told the brown implants were 'out of stock' and she agreed to have blue ones instead.

LOLDead
    Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
    House of CB London
    Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
    The Elite Hair Care Sorority
    Electric Cherry Hair
    Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
    Human Hair Wigs
    Wefting Training
    FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
    Dependable Quality Hair
    Switch Up your Look with a protective Style