Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

I Got Burned... BAD

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
StormBorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormBorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I Got Burned... BAD
    Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 7:22pm
So I haven't worn weave in over a year and let me tell you why. Last Christmas (December 2012) I bought some Bobbi Boss hair (at the recommendation of a friend). I put it in and, not even four days later, took it out. I had hives all over my scalp, neck, forehead, and shoulders. Basically, I had hives anywhere the hair had touched me. I had open sores on my scalp that hurt soo bad.  For the four days that the weave was in, my head felt like it was burning, it was itching like crazy and it hurt all the time.

Now, normally when I put weave in, my head will itch until I wash it (which is why I usually wash it immediately after I put it in or I wash the hair beforehand). I washed my hair twice a day with that Bobbi Boss hair in and it never alleviated the pain/itching.

I came to the conclusion that I was clearly allergic to something on that hair. Either that, or the hair wasn't human (I normally have bad reactions to synthetic hair). So I've been too afraid to put a weave in since. Lately, though, I've been eyeing some hair companies (ExtensionsPlus, SassyMitchell, Indique, etc) and they've all been drawing me back into the weave game lol. I guess the point of this thread is to ask for any tips and pointers as to how I should approach this, given my last reaction to hair. Any and all advice are welcome! Thank you!

*DISCLAIMER: I have read the newbie thread on weave. I've lurked this forum since the incident occured last Christmas lol*
Sponsored Links

AwesomeAries View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote AwesomeAries Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 7:26pm
Idk if you are allergic you need to go with a vendor that for sure sales virgin hair
there is a recent thread with vendors in it
StormBorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormBorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 7:33pm
Is it the "Virgin Hair Vendor List" one? If so, I just ran in there lol Thanks!
Sushi_Addicted View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sushi_Addicted Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 8:18pm
 You should wash BSS hair, or any hair, before installing. I'm not sure about the validity, but bss hair is either sprayed with something to deter pests or the chemicals used to process it. Maybe just purchase actual virgin hair, or try washing the bss hair before installing.
SN2BPHD View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SN2BPHD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 8:55pm
Try a test area. Maybe sleep with some touching you neck to see what happens. Only virgin hair. None hair that has been treated in any way.
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2014 at 9:42pm
Always clarify the hair before installing the hair. You probably allergic to the coating that bss hair has.
StormBorn View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormBorn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 3:19pm
Thanks for all the replies! I'll test out any hair I buy from now on before I actually install it. And I'll only do virgin hair. Thanks again everyone!
mizzsandra00 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote mizzsandra00 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2014 at 3:40pm
Did you have braid hair added? Or use Bigen hair dye? Thats what it sounds like.....
niickyred1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote niickyred1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 2:45pm
I stopped wearing bss hair because i was allergic to it. U could proably do virgin hair just make sure u wash it really good
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 01 2014 at 2:53pm
i think that it is the dye that they are using on the hair. back in the day, certain bss hair made my scalp feel tender & sensitive...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic