Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Natural Hair Care - Archives
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I feel like I unlocked a TWA secret styling method
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedI feel like I unlocked a TWA secret styling method

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: I feel like I unlocked a TWA secret styling method
    Posted: Aug 04 2009 at 5:08am
Okay so you guys know I posted about NuDred yesterday. They had this tool they were using to make comb twists in 3-5 minutes. I thought this was the greatest cause I was about to go to the shop and pay 60 bucks to get my hair twisted or pay 29.00 for the nudred thingy and creme. Well after watching their video I said that thing cant be magic, there must be another way to do this cheaper.... So this morning after I washed out my silk elements deep conditioner that I slept in I put some Miss Jessie's curly pudding (think anything with this type consistency will work) and went to town rubbing my head with my hands in a clockwise motion for the same 3-5 minutes and look what I got

And trust me, I have 4a/b hair and have never been able to do anything like this just by rubbing my hair. I have had the miss jessies for years so that was not it either. I am interested for others to try this method and see what you think. Hope no one has posted this before so I don't look dumb like I rediscovered the wheel. This method is good for really short hair. I just did the BC May 24th
Sponsored Links

laz22girl View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2009 at 6:49am
I've started doing that to my hair, too...I see it a lot on youtube. I do it with ecostyler gel.

Nice hair, too!

Edited by laz22girl - Aug 04 2009 at 6:49am
MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2009 at 8:09am
Cool, how many inches of hair do u currently have, cus i'm not sure my hair's gonna do that from just rubbing.
I got a twa too.
MzCaliky View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2009 at 8:49am
Trust me. I have an inch or less of hair. I never would have thought my hair would have done this from rubbing either but it did. Be sure to use the tips of your fingers when doing the rubbing and not your whole hand. Please try it. I have the most average of hair so if it worked for me it will work for anyone. Maybe I need to do my first youtube video to show how well this works.
CandiiMamii26 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2009 at 9:12am
thats really pretty mzcaliky, wow!!! I was thinking the same exact thing. I actually think what you used was better, their creme was just a bunch of oils thrown together while the miss jessies sounds like its a lil more moisturizing

MizzAmirah View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2009 at 9:22am
Originally posted by MzCaliky MzCaliky wrote:

Trust me. I have an inch or less of hair. I never would have thought my hair would have done this from rubbing either but it did. Be sure to use the tips of your fingers when doing the rubbing and not your whole hand. Please try it. I have the most average of hair so if it worked for me it will work for anyone. Maybe I need to do my first youtube video to show how well this works.

dang it!! lol, it's not working for me. maybe i have too much hair? i got like an inch in the very front, and about 3+inches everywhere else.
Koolaid_Smile View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2009 at 9:28am

When I 1st BC`ed that trick worked great!  Now not so much, but that is only because my hair is so dry. So if anyone has found a way to keep there hair moisturized all day; this is perfect.

By the way your hair looks so cute and neat, I like it a lot!

Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2009 at 11:45am
That's really pretty!  I've been wondering how to do that w/my hair on the sides!  So you didn't leave in any conditioner, only product?  Also, are you basically twisting small sections between your fingertips (like the thumb and pointer finger)?  Thanks so much!

~Swift
Rumbera View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2009 at 12:09pm
Your hair looks great !
OnMyJourney View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 04 2009 at 12:11pm
Very nice!! ClapClap

And btw, we share the same BC date! Big%20smile