Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

I don't typically use the word hater, but

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 4 Votes, Average 1.75  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
beautiful-stranger View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautiful-stranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I don't typically use the word hater, but
    Posted: May 02 2014 at 11:03am
*this is just a random rambling I thought in my head*

I lurk LSA, I find out the latest gossip, browse pictures, get hair styles, and sometimes even walk away with a bit of actual useful information.

BUT I watched the Taren Guy thread grow, at first I was like damn this woman is crazy but as I read through the thread I wondered how people could be so hateful ALL day championing someone's personal and professional life.

So I started to wonder, am I any better reading through these pages as if it were the best book I've ever read. Made me wonder, am I a hater too? So I started thinking back on conversations I have with my friends just wondering if I ever use that same kind of hateful language in my life and of course I have so I've decided to take a step in eliminating that kind of disgusting habit out of my life!

Have any of you gone through any self reflection lately that May have led you to change or eliminate a bad habit
Sponsored Links

danieb23 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote danieb23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 11:13am
Thread link?

For research purposes, of course
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 11:14am
You are not a hater. You (we) are messy for watching the gossipy stories unfold. Dont worry, it is some primal flight or fight ish. That is why reality shows are so huge. Some psychoanalyst somewhere probably showed the media that peering into someone's life and seeing the good/bad/ugly either repels them or it draws them and causes them to release endorphins.LOL
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 11:17am
Originally posted by danieb23 danieb23 wrote:

Thread link?

For research purposes, of course

Go get your coffee, lunch, diet coke, Oprah Chai and a mid afternoon snack b/c that is one helluva thread! There is a thread here with all of the tea, receipts and lanks somewhere btwn pgs 2-4 b/c someone bumped it up yesterday.LOL

Edited by NJHairLuv - May 02 2014 at 11:17am
blaquefoxx View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote blaquefoxx Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 11:18am
happy friday yall and shabbat shalam 
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 11:30am
Originally posted by beautiful-stranger beautiful-stranger wrote:

So I started to wonder, am I any better reading through these pages as if it were the best book I've ever read. Made me wonder, am I a hater too? So I started thinking back on conversations I have with my friends just wondering if I ever use that same kind of hateful language in my life and of course I have so I've decided to take a step in eliminating that kind of disgusting habit out of my life!

Have any of you gone through any self reflection lately that May have led you to change or eliminate a bad habit

In person, Im constantly telling people to keep me out of the 'mess' and I cut them off when they gossip. I dont trust gossipy people. I only listen to gossip when it is something that I need to know like work related folks bout to get pink slips, or something in a gossip/warning format.

I think that it is an anxiety disorder when people have to spill every single bean all day and cant hold any info in confidence to anyone ever. Like what floodgate in your brain's cortex will not close?

Im more compassionate with people off line than I am when I read and post here about celeb gossip (think dwade gabby baby-break), youtube beef fiascos, reality shows (mimi flick and her daughter, LHH, BBW, Porsha mopping the floor with Kenya).

The reasoning is that the average person you encounter on the street probably doesnt even know that their ish has been revealed publicly versus the person that put their whole life on IG/Reality Tv/YouTube, then scramble when they dont get the reaction that they want.

BHM has taught me to be less judgemental, to behave less entitled and less privileged.
Reality shows have taught me not to repeat ish b/c you never know who is lurking around taking notes to rightfully quote you and to beat your azz like Brooke beat Jacqui on BBW and like how Evelyn jumped on the table barefoot to attack Jennifer when Jennifer distanced herself from her friend.

Live/Learn/Grow. I still remember how entertained I was on boring days when your ish would unfold with receipts, paypal claims, medical records, etc and I think that we all should learn to be very prudent in the 1 life that we live.Smile
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 11:34am
Her life is tragic af, if anyone is hating on something like that their life really must be miserable. But anyway that has to be one ofthe greatest LSA threads of all time lol
Ds2nice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ds2nice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 11:35am
Yes.  Sometimes being around people or being in a negative environment can effect my mood and my thoughts about certain people.

I had realized a couple of months ago I had a dislike for a certain group of people (i'm not going to mention the group/type).  I had realized the reason for this dislike was because a particular friend generally puts this group of people on a very high pedestal.  I had found his attitude for glorifying a group of people to be very stupid but then I started to dislike these people all because of this friend's beliefs.

I had to take a step back and reevaluate the reason for my dislike and realized it was also very stupid.  But now I have a dislike for this friend. Ouch 

I now have to train myself to get rid of this negative energy.  I also have to understand that everyone is entitled to their belief and learn to find peace with things that I can't control.
Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 11:39am
Originally posted by NJHairLuv NJHairLuv wrote:

Originally posted by beautiful-stranger beautiful-stranger wrote:

In person, Im constantly telling people to keep me out of the 'mess' and I cut them off when they gossip. I dont trust gossipy people. Smile

People know not to gossip to me, keep that crap to yourself or go talk to somebody else. I don't even want to know about anybody else's mess. I shut down when somebody starts gossiping like I don't hear it. People on a public platform are different, they tell their own business & in my mind I have the right to be messy and talk about them on forums lmao
beautiful-stranger View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote beautiful-stranger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 02 2014 at 11:41am
You guys are so right! Also talking badly about people does nothing but keep your mind in a state of negativity! 
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>