Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - I dont know how I feel about this...
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus
 

Topic ClosedI dont know how I feel about this...

 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 10 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 277438
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:37pm
I never find myself peeled over in laughter watching any of their clips

I always feel on the verge of a lil laugh but it never comes for some reason. I suspect it's because they need a few more years of practicing comedy before they perfect their timing and sense of humor

These videos I almost laughed at... I felt like they might not be a lost cause after all






Edited by Alias_Avi - Nov 29 2012 at 12:38pm
Back to Top
Sponsored Links


Back to Top
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 13 2009
Location: Cambodia
Status: Offline
Points: 50405
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:41pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Some "cooning" is not very obvious to me but I've learned to be weary of any Black act that has a huge White draw...


Stop getting your panties in a bunch because someone insinuates that a comedian's act may or may not be offensive. Just because you call yourself a comedian doesn't mean you can't be offensive... sorry, you don't get a 'pass', not from me at least

Many people love Blackface. Are you gonna tell me that Blackface is not offensive but it can only be to your liking or not? GTFOH

People say and do offensive sh*t all the time. Just because you package that sh*t up as "comedy" and put a "funny" bow on it doesn't make it less meaningful

Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:


I just dont think (in general) you should asked for approval to find something offensive ...

" Guys.. how should I feel about this?... Shape my feelings for me"  

Laughter IMO is like taste... either it taste good or it doesnt..... now if its healthy or not... is another issue.. ideally you want to laugh at the things that are the most healthiest for you right?... but the subjectivity of comedy is such that, its impossible to shape a universal consensus on what is "healthy" comedy.

lol... nobodies doing blackface anymore... your 80 year old reference is precisely my point....
its phased out .its not funny... like the 3 stooges 

my second point is that a comedian is the last person whos gonna get me up in arms... 
my first judgment for a comedian is... "well was it funny?" yes... ok cool... No... ok move on.

 
Back to Top
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 20 2010
Location: Kansas
Status: Offline
Points: 86960
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:43pm
The "Your mom has health problems," one is funny.
Back to Top
kkscottdale View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Mar 30 2008
Location: ATL
Status: Offline
Points: 36528
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:43pm
martin did whiteface... i don't know if that was offensive to anyone.
Back to Top
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 10 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 277438
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:47pm
Wow. Everything you say makes sense to me now

Thank you for responding though... let's just agree to disagree Thumbs Up

Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

lol... nobodies doing blackface anymore... your 80 year old reference is precisely my point....
its phased out .its not funny... like the 3 stooges 

my second point is that a comedian is the last person whos gonna get me up in arms... 
my first judgment for a comedian is... "well was it funny?" yes... ok cool... No... ok move on.

 
Back to Top
newdiva1 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Dec 15 2006
Location: meh
Status: Offline
Points: 238791
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 12:56pm
I can't lie. I chuckled at some parts but at the same time...white folks will watch it and it will reinforce their notion that slavery wasn't that bad. Again i understand what they were going for.but we are not in a place where we can "laugh" at this with white folks.
Back to Top
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 13 2009
Location: Cambodia
Status: Offline
Points: 50405
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

Wow. Everything you say makes sense to me now

Thank you for responding though... let's just agree to disagree Thumbs Up

Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

lol... nobodies doing blackface anymore... your 80 year old reference is precisely my point....
its phased out .its not funny... like the 3 stooges 

my second point is that a comedian is the last person whos gonna get me up in arms... 
my first judgment for a comedian is... "well was it funny?" yes... ok cool... No... ok move on.

 

already?
Back to Top
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Jan 20 2010
Location: Kansas
Status: Offline
Points: 86960
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:03pm
I thought this one was cute.
 





Edited by Limalady - Nov 29 2012 at 1:25pm
Back to Top
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 10 2010
Status: Offline
Points: 277438
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:07pm
Right!?

They're always looking for reasons to rid themselves of shame over that history
Stuff like this makes it easier for them to... which is why they are so drawn to it

They always complain that "Black people talk about race and history too much" and yet they love sh*t like this

Originally posted by newdiva1 newdiva1 wrote:

I can't lie. I chuckled at some parts but at the same time...white folks will watch it and it will reinforce their notion that slavery wasn't that bad. Again i understand what they were going for.but we are not in a place where we can "laugh" at this with white folks.



As far as Key and Peele go... I can see how they could've made this skit with good intentions in mind but at this point, they should know who their audience is, no?

Certainly, it's isn't Black folk alone who are making up the ratings for this show

Originally posted by Alias_Avi Alias_Avi wrote:

In it's own way, i think it makes fun of how ridiculous of an institution slavery was while also playing on the reoccurring theme of Key & Peele being perpetual losers in life because of what the state of Blackness means in a White society




Edited by Alias_Avi - Nov 29 2012 at 1:08pm
Back to Top
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member
Avatar

Joined: Oct 13 2009
Location: Cambodia
Status: Offline
Points: 50405
Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 1:10pm
LOL




Back to Top
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 78910>
  Share Topic   

Forum Jump Forum Permissions View Drop Down