BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I don't know how I feel about this...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
afrikan gal View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote afrikan gal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:55am
lol so in short there are no boundaries in comedy. but would a Jewish comedian do a holocaust joke?
Sponsored Links

tasty0619 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote tasty0619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:55am
Bunny do you have an issue with the fact that ppl don't find them funny? Or that some find this offensive?
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:57am
right and Family Guy was off the air for a loong time after their Jewish episode..their 'Wish Upon A Jew' episode. it was deemed too much. they were put back on bc well....people were buying the dvds and the Jews realized they wanted to make money despite being offended.

Edited by EPITOME - Nov 29 2012 at 10:58am
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:59am
Originally posted by tasty0619 tasty0619 wrote:

Bunny do you have an issue with the fact that ppl don't find them funny? Or that some find this offensive?
no, not at all, like what you want, hate what you want. idc.  Like I said above, everything aint for everybody. Its a free countryLOL
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:59am
Originally posted by EPITOME EPITOME wrote:

Originally posted by OoDles O OoDles O wrote:

Originally posted by Bunnyahh Bunnyahh wrote:

I remember the "bitch" one.  I posted it & many laffed, it was even reposted a couple of times cuz some still found it funny.  Jokes are jokes, offensive or not, funny or not.  Kind of like dem yt hoes Chelsea Handler & Lisa Lampenelli.  or even Kevin Hart,  So many here say how they hate them, they are racist, they aren't funny, etc...  but u know what?  somebody finds it funny cuz they always have sold out shows.   take it with a grain of salt.  meh

zactly.

Somebody finds it funny.. they have an audience for a reason so yea.. someone is laughing. 

but you know what I find funny... is someone letting a comedian offend them. You know whats offensive to me.. starving children.. or children being molested/abused... women being raped .. by their husbands ect..

the fact that you can actually muster up enough energy to let a COMEDIAN offend you is ridiculous...lol
If its not funny ... its not funny and just call it a day ... move on

Its real things outchea to be offended by ....  

Cant eeen front ... sometimes I'm offended at how easy people are offended by things ... lol

one does not preclude the other and is truly a tangential point to the OP

I just dont think (in general) you should asked for approval to find something offensive ...

" Guys.. how should I feel about this?... Shape my feelings for me"  

Laughter IMO is like taste... either it taste good or it doesnt..... now if its healthy or not... is another issue.. ideally you want to laugh at the things that are the most healthiest for you right?... but the subjectivity of comedy is such that, its impossible to shape a universal consensus on what is "healthy" comedy.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:03am
^true. but some in here are trying to denigrate the opinions of those who don't find it funny or are offended. idk if anyone who was offended did the same. people just said they were whack or didn't like them as comedians. not "if you are not offended by this something is wrong with you" while conversely those who are not offended are essentially saying "if you are offended something is wrong with you."  it's almost like when white ppl do something and say "that's not offensive."....same level of dismissiveness [not a word i know]

none of that is really necessary. 
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:04am
Originally posted by afrikan gal afrikan gal wrote:

lol so in short there are no boundaries in comedy. but would a Jewish comedian do a holocaust joke?

there shouldnt be..

thats what makes comedy comedy...

Bill Cosby can be a clean comedian.. boom
Eddie Murphy can be a vulgur and funny comedian boom...
Carrot top can use props and build a fan base

the free market of comedy will sort out all those who are and arent funny.... cause at the end of the day... You can't force people to laugh at your jokes.

Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:04am
oodles, IA 100%
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:05am
Originally posted by Elohim_is_Love Elohim_is_Love wrote:

Anything can be laughed at. It's very healing, you just have the intelligence on what is satire, educational, or just plain cruel. If you do not than you just need to watch slapstick comedy and keep it simple like your mind.

So insult the intellectual prowess of those who do not share your comedy preferences? Alright, that makes sense. Confused
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 11:06am
Well, look at some of their other non-race based sketches. Be fair in your judgment BHM.

Edited by Limalady - Nov 29 2012 at 11:08am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 56789 10>