Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

I don't know how I feel about this...

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 10>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:23am
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

Did people say they were offended? Well personally, I wasn't offended. I just think they are corny and coonish. They just say some really ignorant things and play almost exclusively off stereotypes. They bring up being mixed a lot (in my opinion, for White approval), make fun of Africa, mock urban culture, etc. It doesn't mean they aren't funny sometimes, but they are corny coons. 

Dave Chapelle wasn't corny, but his show was coonish. That inner conflict caused him to retire. These brothas aren't bothered by it. More power to them. 

Before anyone says it, I have my coon-like traits too. BHM lets me know all the time. Don't bother.
they make fun of whites & mock their culture too.  its all tied into the stereotypes.  I also remember posting their flash mob/ race war skit here too.
 you know what......................

these bhm chicks laffed at that tooTongue
Sponsored Links

bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:24am
ooooooooooo, it was a light skinded thing. im so slow. 
Limalady View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Limalady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:28am
I haven't seen the race flash mob. You should post it.

I think Comedy Central brought them in to fill the void Chapelle left. They just have less edge than Chapelle. The Chapelle Show had music spots featuring the Roots, Busta, and other groups. Key and Peele just don't have the real factor. It is hard to explain, but they are funny sometimes, and there is no reason to be offended by them IMO.
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:31am
Originally posted by Limalady Limalady wrote:

I haven't seen the race flash mob. You should post it.

I think Comedy Central brought them in to fill the void Chapelle left. They just have less edge than Chapelle. The Chapelle Show had music spots featuring the Roots, Busta, and other groups. Key and Peele just don't have the real factor. It is hard to explain, but they are funny sometimes, and there is no reason to be offended by them IMO.
here it is

& just cuz this still tickles meLOL
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:32am
not offended. it just wasn't funny to me. well not enough for me to bother checking anything else from them out. I think I've seen the shorter one on some other stuff and he seemed wack then too...
JasmineE02 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JasmineE02 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:36am

Still my favorite. LOL
ThoughtCouture View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThoughtCouture Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:37am
yeah....they wack.
tasty0619 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tasty0619 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:40am
I haven't seen one thing from these guys I found funny *shrugs*

I miss Chapelle Show Cry 
bunzaveli View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote bunzaveli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:44am
dang not a single funny video ? 
OoDles O View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote OoDles O Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 29 2012 at 10:46am
lol
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair