Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
YeezyPeezy87 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: I Didnt Leave It On Long Enough
    Posted: Jul 25 2010 at 8:10pm
Yesterday I finally permed my hair after stretching since Feb. I think it's because I was working to slow, but after I finished applying the relaxer to the front, I probably waited about 5 mins before I washed it out. I felt the back tingling and I didn't want to damage my hair so I got scared and washed it out. I can tell in the front and in the middle of my hair, it's like I never applied the relaxer. Should I try and perm it again after 6 weeks or can I do something about it sooner? I also wanted to know if I used the perms for little girls will I get the same results if I used the adult ones? Can somebody tell me the difference between the little girl perms and the adult ones? Thanks so much
Sponsored Links

honeydrop View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2010 at 10:50am

Well this is just my experience with relaxing my own hair.  I have used both childrenís perms and adult perms and there was no difference in how my hair turn out however I do think that childrenís relaxers are a tad bit milder than adult ones but not much.  I either got the normal strength or extra strength.  I have only used ďJust for MeĒ Childrenís relaxer and it was for a touch up. And it straightened my hair fine.  

I would wait at least a week or two before you re-apply the relaxer to the parts that didnít take also you should apply either an oil or hair grease to the hair that did relax (the back part) to avoid over processing.  I have done this before and my hair turns out fine!  Donít be discouraged, these are the situations we learn from, hope that helps.

kaai View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 04 2010 at 1:08am
I would wait a week or 2.... I start my perms where my hair is most resistant. the edges & my crown.
I know people say start in the back but those places take my hair longer to relax.
I appl;y in the crown then the edges. then I jump to the back & work my way up... I use a lot of relaxer cause it work faster .

if it has been since FEB  u have to move a little faster than  u would if it was just a touch up.
samorya View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2010 at 4:28am
i know its late but little girl perms have the same effect as adult perms. believe it or not.

i would wait 6 weeks if it were me, but if you are in an absolute rush, you can do it in maybe a month. i wouldnt do anything sooner.

also, you can try the texture softener by just for me. go to texture softener.com. i hope this helps

Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic