FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Topic ClosedI cant take it anymore

Post Reply Post Reply
Hair ViVi

Author
keshiab View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: I cant take it anymore
    Posted: Aug 16 2007 at 8:55pm
Hello to every one...Im tossing out all of my diet pills, all of my detox diets...out the window. i have come to notice that dieting is not for every one. Every time i try dieting it only last for 2 or 3 days...before i want to eat eat eat eat eat...wich defeats the purpose of the diet. All those diet pills and detox diets are quick fixes...but dont get me wrong Im 195 and wish i could wake up and be 150-145 again like i was 3yrs ago.To make a long story short...ive decided to loose weight by eating healthy....If any of you have any advice on how to curb your cravings or any good eating habits...that benifit in loosing weight please post.....

Things dont happen over night...Doing it right takes time...
Sponsored Links

beauty10 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 16 2007 at 11:01pm

It's not about starving yourself, you can eat. But just eat the right TYPES of food. Instead of cakes and cookies, eat fruits and salads. You will be eating less calories.

harlemdancer View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2007 at 1:26am
I'm glad you've realized this hun! Many people get fixated on quick fixes such as diet pills and other nonsense like that. None of that stuff works, and if someone argues that it does a couple of months later the person gained all the weight back. Eating healthy has to become apart of your lifestyle. Trying to force yourself to stick with a strict diet leads to failure. Snack on fruits, veggies, and nuts and drink lots of water..
keshiab View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2007 at 11:45am
im glad im not the only one that thinks this why...I have plenty of friends that get perscribed drugs from the docter to loose weight...and they do dont get me wrong...But as soon as they stop taking the pills...they gain the weight right back and run right to the docter to get more pills....Im thinking about only eating fruits and salads drinking lots of water but treating myself on saturdays...and excersise...wish me luck on loosing weight. thanls for the advice ladies...
ThkChk View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 17 2007 at 2:17pm
Keshiab,
As they say variety is the spice of life and that includes a healthy eating plan.  Find something that is a "life" plan.  Fruits and salads are great but make sure you're getting adequate healthy fats, protein and fiber.    Don't attach negativity to it like ohhhhh gee salad again.  We do other things for ourselves, shower, brush teeth, take care of hair so eating better and getting some exercise is just another thing we do.

Don't be hard on yourself you've done something that millions of others haven't and that's made the first step to wanting to take care of yourself.

Keep us posted and take it slowly.
Flirtydiva View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 20 2007 at 12:44am
I felt the same way about a week ago. I was tired of going to the clothing stores and sample sales and never being able to find my size. I made a choice to cut out poultry, beef, pork, anything white and fried foods out of my diet. I researched and researched and at the end of the day. I don't need certain things in my diet. You ask for advice... here is mine. It's all about portion control and eating the right food. You need a multivitamin to replace certain things. Lots of veggies and fruits. Lots of whole grain. It has to say "whole" wheat grain so that you can get your full days fiber. The fiber makes you feel full. And helps us to go to the bathroom more regularly. Drink lots of water. Stay away from fried foods, margarine, pasta. I don't eat anything except brown rice, veggies, fruits, lots of beans for protein and anything organic that's made with whole wheat and lots of oatmeal. I feel better too. Hope this helped.....
keshiab View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2007 at 7:37pm
Thanks for the advixe i appreciate it guys...wish me luck on a healthier life style
zolamorgan View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2007 at 9:39am
firstly id like to congratulate you for realising this, i was liek you at first looking for quick fixes for something that i had taken yrs to do and life doesnt work like that , aftert wasting my money yet again on a batch of diet pills which didnt work i decided to do it the healthy way, its hard at first all teh cravings but the thing to remeber is never starve yourself dont deprive yourself as well, just be smarter bout what you eat and in a couple of weeks it will be second nature portion contro should be your best friend and limit treats to bout 2 to 3 times a week but nothing to huge like a dominos pizza all to yourself lol but a few bars of chocolate or something and whenever you eat a bit too much dont beat yourself up just carry on and dont look back
Hair ViVi
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic