I am VERY new to forums, so my apologies if I'm doing anything wrong!
I have been trying to grow my hair long for FIVE (Yes, I said five) YEARS! I don;t know what I'm doing wrong, so I really would love someone to help me. I must admit that my hair has grown (from shorter than ear length to shoulder length) but it's VERY slow growth. For the past five years I have done protective styles. Now, my current protective style is sew-in weaves.
My current regiment:
- Put in sew-in.
- Leave in for 2-3 months.
- Take out sew-in at night.
- Put new one in next day.
* I wash my hair once a week now (Herbal Essences: Long Term Relationship). I used to wash it only every 2-3 months when I took it down because I washed my hair incorrectly and lost SO MUCH hair due to matting and knotting.
* I take Biotin and Folic Acid daily.
* My edges are DESTROYED so I put Jamaican Black Castor Oil on my edges and through my tracks, massaging for two minutes every night. How else can I grow out my edges faster?
* I want to be relaxed, however, I haven't relaxed my hair in almost a year (a year in April). When I took down my last hair my hair had about 4-5 inches of relaxed hair and the rest was virgin un-relaxed hair. Would it be a good idea to relax now or should I wait for the relaxer to grow out my hair and then relax it??
Anyway, thank you for reading my post, I hope someone can help me! I am currently am shoulder length. My goal is Bra Strap Length right now! Thank you!