Perfect Hair Collection

I BC and I think I Regret It

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
tatee View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tatee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2012 at 10:57am
no advice just hugs
Sponsored Links

tvlady View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tvlady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2012 at 1:07pm
Thanks ladies, I'm feeling a bit better today.  I have to figure out how to rock this hair, because there is no going back now. 
Swift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Swift Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2012 at 5:32pm
((BIG HUG))

That's right girl, figure out how to rock it!!  Go to YT and find some vids on styling TWAs.  Go to the Natural Section and look for TWA threads (I know I just bumped some last week).  Once you rock it like it's sexy, others will buy into it as well. 

If you can't do it, wigs are a great option. 

Hubby may not like that it's so short. Many guys tend to like length. Once you figure out how you wanna rock it, that might make things easier.  GL!
Veemack View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veemack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 24 2012 at 7:34am
Curl enhancers:

Be sure to use a sulfate free PH balanced shampoo.

A good moisturizing conditioner

ACV rinse: 1/4 acv to 2 cups water

Most important step: Rinse your hair in the coldest water you can stand for at least 3 to5 minutes. (unless you like cold showers, I recommend doing this in the sink)

Your curls will POP! (unless some relaxer is still left on your ends)

First time I rinsed in cold water (by accident, the city had the hot water turned off) I rinsed extra long,because I was feeling that the cold water was not getting my hair as clean as hot/warm water. As I rinsed with the COLD water, my hair started to feel unusual and weird. When I looked in the mirror, I realized those were coils I was feeling! Blessings to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
jasmineheaven View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jasmineheaven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 7:12pm
Originally posted by mskraizy mskraizy wrote:

A big chop is such a dramatic change, it shocks everyone. I felt the same way you did when I first cut off all my hair. And to make it worse, my mother yelled at me for a good day and then the following morning silent treatment so that didn't help. I seriously thought about perming it again and starting over with straight hair.

Give it time to settle on you. My curls didn't really start showing up until maybe 3 weeks of co-washes and deep conditioning. For 6-8 months I fought with trying to be comfortable with my newbie fro, all the while side eyeing perms for my default. It'll be 3.5 years come April and I have enjoyed my journey of being natural.

Chin up girl, it's not an easy change. Actually, I think many people feel how you do after a big chop. I know I did. Everything will be okay and when you hit your first nappyversary and are able to look back and see how far you've come and how much you've learned, you'll appreciate it even more. Your husband will grow to love it (if it's really what you want, he'll have to). It'll get easier, just got to weather the storm. You'll appreciate your hair more once it really starts flourishing.

Just you wait.

Hope everything gets better for ya!

Same happened to me today. I cbc my hair two days ago and my mother found out today, I'm not hearing the end of it :( Its just hair!
NJoy View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJoy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 10:04pm
I think the ladies have given some excellent advice and I don't really have anything to add.  Just want to show my support and go on record saying that there will come a time when you will say it's the best thing you could've done for your hair. " Congrats on your BC."  Hang on to that til you can fully receive it.  In the meantime, let me lay one of these on ya. Hug
KunoichiNindroid View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KunoichiNindroid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 9:21am
So sorry about that. Just make sure you look after your new natural hair and give it a chance before getting all bent out over it. You'll be proud of yourself a couple years from now. Also don't stress yourself too much about getting a beautiful curl pattern. Not everyone has the same curl pattern. You might end up doing your hair damage you never intended on by manipulating it and experimenting with products so much. Use what you know works and gradually shift if your natural hair isn't happy with it.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic