Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

I am losing track! Which type is best for me?

Post Reply Post Reply

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
therebellion View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote therebellion Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: I am losing track! Which type is best for me?
    Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 4:25pm
First off: Hey all! I am new here and hope i can find help since you guys are pros :)

I am just losing track of the different hairpieces/-wigs...

Full lace wig, front lace wig, top closures, lace frontals, lace closures, U part wigs, half wigs, 3/4 wigs...

I am looking for something, that hides my roots and hair, since it is a catastrophy after bleaching...it is very short now (chin lenght) and my roots are growing out heavily. 

I know that a full lace wig would be an option if i am planning to do high ponytails...but honestly, i find it a little bit too "much" with the cap c overing all my hair... I don't struggle with hair loss at all. I want to hide the roots to give them a break and lenght/thickness.

Front lace wigs seem to be the same with the exception that only the front has this special lace line, right? So the natural hair is all under the cap, too?

Closures seem to be a good  thing with extra weaves....BUT:

Is there something, that covers my all my hair without any cap or additional weaves?  So my hair is underneath and can breath? I guess it should be a hairpiece with lace at the front and the rest is "unattached"? If doing a ponytail, my natural  hair in the back should blend with the added hair at the top ...

i really did my research but i didn't come to any conclusion...BTW i am a white girl (unfortunately we aren't that familiar with that topic) with natural black hair at the roots and blond hair.

I hope you guys can understand what i mean...thankful for any help and recommendation!

Thumbs UpHeartClapStar

Edited by therebellion - Dec 19 2013 at 4:28pm
Sponsored Links

Naturalchick30 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Naturalchick30 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 6:09pm
Lace frontal
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 19 2013 at 10:12pm
Hi, I'm a white girl Big smile  I learned buckets about hair from the ladies on this board, you are in the right place!

I wear full lace wigs (FLW around here) for my ... medically scr*wed hair.  When my hairmare started and I still had reasonably decent hair, I bought my first piece (that was 4 years ago).  It was a custom lace frontal 8" deep, I taped the front hairline and had clips in the back (just behind my crown).  If you can get a good color and texture match, that could work for you.  I don't feel a frontal would work well for you unless it was at least 6" deep (front to back).  8" is even better as the back edge is at a good position for using clips, IMHO.  You might have to order custom, though.  Are you saying you need a blonde piece?  That can be difficult to find in good quality.  How light of a shade?

And thinking about it some more.. if you really want to GROW OUT your current hairstyle... you might reconsider about a full wig.  Otherwise you will either outgrow a piece, or be wearing shorter hair under a long piece until your hair grows out, and ... that really is not going to work right... unless you wear the hair up all the time.

Edited by hennared - Dec 19 2013 at 10:16pm
cece1987 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cece1987 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 3:21am
Originally posted by hennared hennared wrote:

Hi, I'm a white girl Big smile  I learned buckets about hair from the ladies on this board, you are in the right place!

I wear full lace wigs (FLW around here) for my ... medically scr*wed hair.  When my hairmare started and I still had reasonably decent hair, I bought my first piece (that was 4 years ago).  It was a custom lace frontal 8" deep, I taped the front hairline and had clips in the back (just behind my crown).  If you can get a good color and texture match, that could work for you.  I don't feel a frontal would work well for you unless it was at least 6" deep (front to back).  8" is even better as the back edge is at a good position for using clips, IMHO.  You might have to order custom, though.  Are you saying you need a blonde piece?  That can be difficult to find in good quality.  How light of a shade?

And thinking about it some more.. if you really want to GROW OUT your current hairstyle... you might reconsider about a full wig.  Otherwise you will either outgrow a piece, or be wearing shorter hair under a long piece until your hair grows out, and ... that really is not going to work right... unless you wear the hair up all the time.

You're white? Is that you in your avi?
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 20 2013 at 8:27am
Yeah I am white.. hope you don't mind Smile 

That is me in my avi, before my natural hair went psychotic, this is the look I try to recover with FLWs.
elisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 22 2013 at 10:28pm
Originally posted by hennared hennared wrote:

Yeah I am white.. hope you don't mind Smile 

That is me in my avi, before my natural hair went psychotic, this is the look I try to recover with FLWs.

hennared,

You give some good advice and suggestions on this forum.

Thank you! Smile
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply