Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
CoCo Black Hair
Forum Home Forum Home > Exercise, Fitness, & Health > Diets, Diets, and More Diets!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Topic ClosedHypocritical?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
TransitAngst View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: Hypocritical?
    Posted: Aug 10 2006 at 7:07pm
I was wondering why is it that the same women who tell me that "men like their women 'thick'" and "real women have curves" ("curves" generally being a substitute for "overweight"...find a half-dead anorexic woman and she will still have curves in comparison to a male...so ALL women have curves) are the same ones always wanting to lose weight? Isn't it hypocritical not to stand by what they say and lose the pounds?
Sponsored Links

morning_glory View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2006 at 11:34am
Hmm..well I think it may be a bit hypocritical if you are losing your weight just to find a man. But there are other reasons (for me, one of the reasons I'm trying to lose weight because our family is full of obesity related health problems). But you don't always want to lose weight for men. I mean it could be that you want to fit into that dress, or have a hard time finding clothes. Or just because you want to look and feel your best and be as fit as you can. 
ATHENE View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2006 at 12:30pm

Not really, men like curves, not rolls, and they do like their women thick, not fat usually. It's not a contradiction, they aren't saying that they are what men want, they are just stating what most men don't want.

But I really don't think that's all too true, I've seen plenty of skinny women without any kind of shape, and an ok face, who have no problem pulling men.

Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2006 at 1:26pm
Although, what is the difference between 'thick' and 'fat'? I sometimes wonder about this (mostly when I have gained a few pounds heheh) I think 'fat' is when you are unhealthily overweight. Thick is just being a bit over or at your ideal weight.
nairda View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2006 at 1:59pm
I look at "thick" as a woman who is a little bit more bulky in general but carries the extra weight (or fat) in the breasts, butt, and thighs. "Fat" to me would be the complete opposite. Your just wide all over and/or you carry the fat in all the wrong places, stomach, face, neck, arms, etc. That's what I think of when people refer to others as "thick" or "fat".
ShortNSweet29 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2006 at 3:53pm
Originally posted by ATHENE ATHENE wrote:

Not really, men like curves, not rolls, and they do like their women thick, not fat usually. It's not a contradiction, they aren't saying that they are what men want, they are just stating what most men don't want.

But I really don't think that's all too true, I've seen plenty of skinny women without any kind of shape, and an ok face, who have no problem pulling men.

I agree with the first part of this.  I always say nobody likes a bone but a dog.  Men like volumptuous women, but they also want something attractive (to their standards) to look at dressed and naked.  I am thick and at one point had gotten to big and it was not attractive to me or my husband.  Now I am back where I am comfortable and taking off a few additional pounds as a safety net.
TransitAngst View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2006 at 5:08pm
Actually, I wasn't trying to start a discussion on what men like (though I don't pity women who lose/gain weight because it's what men want)...I wanted to know if anyone else thought it was hypocritical of people to try and lose weight when they tell everyone else that they are proud to be overweight.
Tira View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2006 at 5:17pm
I don't know about the women you talk to, but I LOVE my thickness, and I still work out everyday. Now, I'm not trying to go to a size zero, but I want to be fit and healthier. I don't think it's hypocritical to represent for the big girls or thick girls or whatever you wanna call yourself, and still work out to be a smaller size.  The standards of being overweight are so warped these days. Being overweight is a problem when it affects your health and overall well being.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2006 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by TransitAngst TransitAngst wrote:

Actually, I wasn't trying to start a discussion on what men like (though I don't pity women who lose/gain weight because it's what men want)...I wanted to know if anyone else thought it was hypocritical of people to try and lose weight when they tell everyone else that they are proud to be overweight.

Well, as someone who has 'weight issues', I know that no matter how much I tell myself and others that it's OK to be a little chubby, I still have days where I feel just plain fat. And I would love to be proud of my weight. I HAVE gained alot and I want to just get back to where I used to be. But then I don't always go around telling people I'm proud to be overweight. I think everyone has days where they don't really like hwo they look. But yes, if they are constantly saying how proud they are to be overweight and then constantly going home to their slimfast, then that IS a bit hypocritical. But if someone mentions it a few times only and then diets, I wouldn't hold it against them.
Tira View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2006 at 6:33pm
It bothers me when so called big girls get "the surgery" after years and years of claiming to be proud of being big and never wanting to change, and quoting all the "skinny women are evil" crap. I'm talking about the ones  who are at every BBW party, ski trip, and bbq. I can see being a certain size, and wanting to lose weight, but it's a whole 'nother thing when you get the surgery as a quick fix instead of making the lifestyle changes concerning your diet and exercise.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic