BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

Humans of New York: I used to be a princess

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 7:14pm
I get very scared when we drive on those 6 lane high or freeways or is it 8 in texas very afraid. Ive seen the  accident videos on tv dont get me started on how Law and order SVU has hurt my chances of visiting Central Park lolololol. My sister on the other hand complains about the roads being small in Jamaica and the parking lots and says everything is bigger in texas thats why she cant park here. *rolls eyes*

Sang it sounds easy but is not. You may not have the credit or the cash to branch out on your own when you just land. so you room with family then get a job and then by the time you can move out you;re accustomed to that area.

Where my coworkers is she say, "girl is bere (only, many) white people omg, i dont like it" lmao lmao

Island life = slow livity and laidback. Mr Obama land is far from it. LOL at the prices for plumbers, mechanic, doctors visit LOLOLOLOL
Sponsored Links

rohan View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rohan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 7:15pm
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

yeah, people just work their one job, when they move to america they have to work 2 -3 jobs

Quality of life falls drastically

True story!
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 7:19pm
But the things is there has to have been someone that started it all.
Being scared ain't gone help you.
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 7:23pm
Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

yeah, people just work their one job, when they move to america they have to work 2 -3 jobs

Quality of life falls drastically

YUPPPPPP. I can just say to my coworkers (when i used to wrk) lets all say eff work and head to the beach. My folks abroad reach home and they're dog tired smh. 

Let's see a play a movie let's just all watch world cup and scream up and down the halls at work and run and laugh. The bosses set up the big tv's so we can watch the olympics or world cup. SL in the mario B fiancee thread said she couldnt understand why WF would be discussing the chick with her coworkers and i was glad Rickys answered. I swear we generally actually like them and talk all sorts of inappropriate for work ish. Who's doing work ? work? Now i will say certain industries are different so you dont htink we over here acting fool not getting stuff done.

I seriously, for years, in lurkdom wanted to ask: how exactly do you have 2 jobs, is there more than 24 hours in the american day? LOLOLOLOL

I will take that fortnightly pay check though NICE.
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 7:24pm
Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

But the things is there has to have been someone that started it all.
Being scared ain't gone help you.

But it probably started in places where they were invited/welcomed/needed...
eg places where immigrants were brought up on farm working programmes
places with a lot of hospitals so a lot of nursing staff were imported
places with heavy construction, so many construction workers were imported...

once they settled and stayed, the next round of immigrants would go to where they know people...

I think from an immigrant perspective, they dont themselves decide where they want to go... they go where they are needed/where they know people
callmeDEva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote callmeDEva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 7:24pm
I would trade small island life over a big US city any day
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 7:30pm

Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

I don't understand why immigrants go to cities like NY.....instead of smaller areas that would be similar to where they came from.

Because they have folks like them that can show them the ropes and they probably have a support system, versus going to Biloxi, Mississippi.

But I mean if one person goes there they can set up and bring more people in.
The Mexicans done did that where I live. 

Some people just don't have that drive/desperation.  From what I am hearing and reading, the drug cartel is wildin' the fcuk out in Mexico so the Mexicans would set up shop anywhere where they can earn a living and raise their family in peace.  Plus to hear some folks tell it the NAFTA pretty much threw the Mexican economy into a tailspin and practically forced them to find ways to make a living.  Plus they tend to gravitate to places where there are jobs like food processing, agriculture, construction, etc.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by Samoneisthebest Samoneisthebest wrote:

Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

I don't understand why immigrants go to cities like NY.....instead of smaller areas that would be similar to where they came from.

Because they have folks like them that can show them the ropes and they probably have a support system, versus going to Biloxi, Mississippi.

I want to be offended for all the folks I know from the Biloxi area. But I know what you are saying.

Honestly I was picking a random city that you wouldn't expect a large immigrant population, nothing against Biloxi, MS.
rickysrose View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rickysrose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 7:42pm

I completely agree. I'm not in a popular caribbean place and I'd pay $20 for a patty

My grandma would cry tears for some green bananas

It was like that where I grew up now there are caribbean groceries all over.. it just takes a few
Bored w/Out Me? View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Bored w/Out Me? Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 7:45pm
I can't feel sorry for an exotical who if she ran in the right circles could be a Princess again...
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 8>