BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Humans of New York: I used to be a princess

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 2 Votes, Average 3.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (10) Thanks(10)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 6:53pm
I don't understand why immigrants go to cities like NY.....instead of smaller areas that would be similar to where they came from.
Sponsored Links

nala52808 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nala52808 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by Brjasuga51 Brjasuga51 wrote:

Originally posted by nala52808 nala52808 wrote:

Originally posted by JamCaygirl JamCaygirl wrote:

Why'd she come here

probably sold the Dream.... everything better abroad...

people still think there's a dream here? lol. 

Nala...best believe ppl still think America is a bed of roses. I have heard ppl complain that relatives are demanding things because they live in America and it is much easier here.

I feel really sorry for those people. Alot of my family members came to the US back in the 80's and 90's, but when things started getting rough, alot of them LEFT and went back to Nigeria making more money than they ever have over here. I really feel like there are so many  options of places to move to in this world but for some reason the US becomes the default golden gate of opurtunity. People really need to do more research and speak with family members and friends who actually live here, who can kind of tell them what kind of life they'll live if they cant speak english and have no college degree.
JamCaygirl View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 6:58pm
Originally posted by NARSAddict NARSAddict wrote:

Originally posted by Sang Froid Sang Froid wrote:

I don't understand why immigrants go to cities like NY.....instead of smaller areas that would be similar to where they came from.

Because they have folks like them that can show them the ropes and they probably have a support system, versus going to Biloxi, Mississippi.

THIS
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 6:59pm

Because they have folks like them that can show them the ropes and they probably have a support system, versus going to Biloxi, Mississippi.
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 7:00pm

Why'd she come here

Nala...best believe ppl still think America is a bed of roses. I have heard ppl complain that relatives are demanding things because they live in America and it is much easier here.

I feel really sorry for those people. Alot of my family members came to the US back in the 80's and 90's, but when things started getting rough, alot of them LEFT and went back to Nigeria making more money than they ever have over here. I really feel like there are so many  options of places to move to in this world but for some reason the US becomes the default golden gate of opurtunity. People really need to do more research and speak with family members and friends who actually live here, who can kind of tell them what kind of life they'll live if they cant speak english and have no college degree.

They wont listen tho... people need to learn these things for themselves...

I tried to convince a cousin to stay in Jamaica... they thought I was just being bad mind and didnt want them to succeed...

If yuh cyan hear yuh will feel...
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 7:03pm

But I mean if one person goes there they can set up and bring more people in.
The Mexicans done did that where I live. 

Brjasuga51 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Brjasuga51 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 7:03pm

Why'd she come here

GURLLLLL...Iam the only one here from my family.I could always go home and live in luxury but I choose not to live in my parents shadow. And I tell people this is not easy. Back home if u hungry u find a fruit tree or banana tree and u good. Or buy half a bread a..stick a butta u good. Here in America knock on whose door for flour K...which fruit tree u gonna raid..NONEEEE
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 7:05pm

yeah people believe the minute you lan a farrein, yuh rich....

just like american who believe every person who comes is dirt poor. In the seventies they left mansions and cars with keys in the ignition in the garage. But middle class here is not middle class there either.

Ooooooweeeeeee my coworker just touched stateside and i figured it'd be about 3 months before she say it's not easy. Well not even 2 weeks later i call her, and she says" gyal farin hard hard hard hard hard it hard, I looking a night work (job) now" I reminded her of the days we did nothing and collected checks, smaller checks but no one to rell us no or make us do a darn thing. Head to work late, no work when it rains, leave work early #good life

Lord my same male cousin said, " these ppl are crazy and dumb they work on weekends and on holidays WTF" he got a retail job. That was the family joke for about 2 weeks. He flew in so quickly here the other day LMAOOOOOOO
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (4) Thanks(4)   Quote JamCaygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 7:08pm
yeah, people just work their one job, when they move to america they have to work 2 -3 jobs

Quality of life falls drastically
Samoneisthebest View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Samoneisthebest Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 08 2014 at 7:09pm

I want to be offended for all the folks I know from the Biloxi area. But I know what you are saying.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 8>
  Share Topic