Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - HUMAN HAIR WIG THAT LOOKS LIKE THIS PLEASE HELP
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HUMAN HAIR WIG THAT LOOKS LIKE THIS PLEASE HELP

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
rayrayxox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayrayxox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HUMAN HAIR WIG THAT LOOKS LIKE THIS PLEASE HELP
    Posted: May 08 2013 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by rayrayxox rayrayxox wrote:

I need a human hair wig that looks exactly like this! (below wig is synthetic) Gimme names, links etc. please!

hair MUST be human & full at the sides thanks!
Sponsored Links

ShiznitNumber1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShiznitNumber1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 1:27pm
I have owned two deep curly wigs with a similar texture (i got them from ebay so unfortunately no links to the wigs - bought them used).

The texture varied between the two. My long full lace wig i think roughly 16" layered has a curl that is tighter than the one pictured. However if I recall correctly the lace front that was roughly 10/12" had a slightly looser curl pattern. I don't think the origin of the hair affected the way the hair was curled. Both wigs purchased from different people so the wigs may have come from different vendors and you know - different vendors have different curl patterns to other vendor's wigs.

The looser curl pattern (lace front) was brazilian remy. The full lace wig was indian remy.

I would advise you check out the typical websites you may purchase from and then hit up ebay and see what is on offer. You may find a relatively cheap wig that suits your needs there!

In my opinion, because the hair already comes from someone else the wig kinda already passes that "alien" product being worn so... Getting a used wig, giving it a good wash and condition seems reasonable? lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alternatively (my favourite method):

1) locate a wig you no longer wear OR don't like too much

2) detangle the hair fully

3) drench the hair with lots and LOTS of a good conditioning conditioner

4) bantu twist out (the bigger the twists the looser the curl, smaller the twists [in thickness] the tighter the curls).

4.5) put some bobby pins into the twists to hold the twists if need be.

5) fill up a large sauce pan with water and boil (the water needs to be piping hot, bubbles around the edges and all that good stuff).

6) wrap your wig up in foil, make sure the foil is sealed so no water can get inside.

7) Put your wig into the hot water and cover the pot with a lid (keeps heat inside), turn the heat on your water to medium and let the wig sit in the hot water for 20 minutes, turn heat to low for 10 minutes then TURN OFF! Let the hair cool inside the sauce pan for 30 minutes.

8) unwrap carefully (I found that my wig was still VERY hot), do this near a sink - can get messy.

9) untwist hair and run the wig under cold water to wash all the conditioner out of the hair (and seal the cuticle & hairstyle).

10) air dry... seal the hair with an oil when hair is 70% dry and once fully dry it will be curly. Simply use a curl defining cream to really get those curls to POP  ^_^

Yes the above method is for boiling hair... it is tried and tested. The brazilian remy lace front I mentioned at the top of the post was the wig that I boiled. I used Tresemme conditioner, boiled the hair and when I was done the hair was wavy/curly like FreeTress Sonel (when wet).

When the hair was dry (i didnt know how to seal in moisture at the time) the hair had a curl pattern that was virturally the same as the one in your picture. Just frizzier because the hair was in pretty dry condition to begin with (hair was very porus when i got it).

I have no relaxed the curls out and added more hair but the hair was not damaged. Most wig vendors BOIL/steam the wig hair to get the curls we want and buy :)

I hope my response helped you somewhat.

Good luck and take care,
ShiznitNumber#1
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 1:38pm
Kinda looks like this, just make sure you are prepared to take care of curly hair, esp kc hair -

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShiznitNumber1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by chatnoir chatnoir wrote:

Kinda looks like this, just make sure you are prepared to take care of curly hair, esp kc hair -

http://www.ruthsbeautyshop.com/kiki-afro-kinky-cy-lace-front-wig. - http://www.ruthsbeautyshop.com/kiki-afro-kinky-curly-lace-front-wig.html

I never knew that curly hair needed so much care and attention :(

Makes me prefer straighter textures because it is quite a lot of maintenance. But my deep curly FLW stays because that curl pattern rocks!

Got me a lot of attention when I wore it out, someone asked me how i did my hair XD
rayrayxox View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rayrayxox Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 7:21am
^ omg thank you so so so so much. i will use that technique so my synthetic wig lasts 2 months!

thank you soooo much everyone for the help.

you see the reason why i fell in love with this wig was mainly its style/shape. i have searched for lots of afro kinky curly wigs and a lot of them come straight down, like this (sorry for bad drawings)

but i want it to be like this

that was a poor drawing but i want the hair to be very bushy and big at the sides and at an angle like that shown in the first pic.

to make it easier here is a youtube video of the ideal wig (but it's synthetic):

so i'm wondering if i could buy an afro kinky curly human wig and if i finger combed it and/or used a paddle brush and/or cut it or shaped it could it look like the style i want?

[i found a wig that is similar to the one i want but it's not very afro texture and also the seller doesn't use a pic of the hair only of tika sumpter which makes me suspicious:
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/711223099.html]

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ShiznitNumber1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 7:53am
Originally posted by rayrayxox rayrayxox wrote:

^ omg thank you so so so so much. i will use that technique so my synthetic wig lasts 2 months!

thank you soooo much everyone for the help.

you see the reason why i fell in love with this wig was mainly its style/shape. i have searched for lots of afro kinky curly wigs and a lot of them come straight down, like this (sorry for bad drawings)

but i want it to be like this

that was a poor drawing but i want the hair to be very bushy and big at the sides and at an angle like that shown in the first pic.

to make it easier here is a youtube video of the ideal wig (but it's synthetic):

so i'm wondering if i could buy an afro kinky curly human wig and if i finger combed it and/or used a paddle brush and/or cut it or shaped it could it look like the style i want?

[i found a wig that is similar to the one i want but it's not very afro texture and also the seller doesn't use a pic of the hair only of tika sumpter which makes me suspicious:
http://m.aliexpress.com/item/711223099.html]

Oh ive had my share of wigs... But im weird lol

I own near 30/40 but not worn any outside my house yet XD  I need to perfect them (need to bleach knots, pluck hairline and all that good stuff.

For synthetic wigs the best thing i learnt was to flat iron the frizz out.

Method:

1) Locate a straightener (if you dont have this type check ebay, that is where i got mine!) that has a VERY low temperature that is also variable so you can change it.
I have one that goes from 80oC to i think 210oC (sorry no idea what the Fahrenheit would be).

2) Wet your synthetic hair OR the frizzy parts ONLY (up to you) and fill up a spray bottle with water for use DURING straightening.

3) Now with the hair damp (not dripping wet) take small sections and run it though the flat iron. Make sure to only do 1 pass. If you plan on doing 2 or 3 to make sure the hair is frizz free then spray the hair wet and do the process again. HAIR MUST BE WET!

4) Let hair cool STRAIGHT before doing anything to it (the synthetic fibers need to fully cool otherwise you will cause damage to them).

Tried and tested once again... I used this on a tangled mess of a synthetic lace wig. It was a deep curly (perhaps 20" layered) that looked like Lil Wayne's hair Shocked

I detangled the entire wig (it took me a week lol) and put the detangled portions into braids. After doing so to the entire wig I wet the hair, opened the braids and began to flat iron.

The wig is a gorgeous sleek shiny wig that is tangle free and looks fresh out the box! I added some 1b/33 and 33 coloured tracks into the thinned parts and the wig is BANGIN!

Did this on a Futera lace front wig from freeTress, looked brand new! Did it on a NON heat resistant fiber and it came out gorgeous there too Big smile

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do give the boiling method a try if you have a wig to spare! I did it on two wigs, both deep curly wigs I mentioned a while back. I found that unless the ENTIRE foil parcel is submerged with water the hair will not "boil perm" properly.

The hair isnt damaged at all, with all that conditioner I slathered it is almost like a curly perm and deep condition 2 in 1  ^_^

But if you do... try it on a unit or clipping of lace that you dont care too much about before hand. That way you can know what effect you are likely to achieve and know for yourself if it is damaging (your cooker may run hotter than mine?) or whatever.

Testing is key

I just like cheaper alternatives. Wigs are so expensive these days, if there are ways to revive the ones we thought were birds nests then im ears LOL
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 11:36am
That is a really cute style OP!  I think the Ruth's wig that I linked would give you a good head start on that style.  It may need some additional shaping from your stylist.  Be sure to bring a pic of what you want, and order the wig in a longer length so that you have room to work with.

ETA to say that this one might work even better - would prob need the 18" length:

Edited by chatnoir - May 09 2013 at 11:38am
Tressa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tressa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 10:46pm
Curlies are the Devil..said Sexibeach..and they are.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ShiznitNumber1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 3:06am
Originally posted by Tressa Tressa wrote:

Curlies are the Devil..said Sexibeach..and they are.

? What do you mean by that lol LOL
chatnoir View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chatnoir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2013 at 10:49am
Think of it as taking care of your own natural hair, multiplied x3 Big smile.  The hair has been processed, and if it's not cuticle-aligned (most likely it isn't), then that just adds even more maintenance.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>