Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Human hair shortage?

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Diamondgirrl View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diamondgirrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Human hair shortage?
    Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 8:13am
Hey ladies 

I just came across a bunch of articles and people on boards (some old posts some new) saying there is about to be a human hair-shortage... Is this true or am I just being all worried for nothing?! Anyway reading it got me scared as h*ll because I am SO addicted to these wigs... 

Anyone talk to their vendor about this lately or got any info bout it? Would really appreciate anything right now to ease my worries. Would be great to know if this will be a problem and if it will only result in higher prices or if there will actually be harder to find human hair wigs at all in the near future? (Ok I know many of them have synthies mixed in but you know what I mean)

Just emailed my vendor and am awaiting his response. 

(I am talking chinese hair here, not true european or any other rare texture)

Thanks in advance

Edited by Diamondgirrl - Feb 02 2013 at 8:15am
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diamondgirrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 8:16am
And when I say "in the near future" I am talking like in a couple of - to five years or so...
Bekah View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bekah Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 8:18am
I honestly don't see how that's possible, it's not like hair will just suddenly stop growing.. There's always going to be people in India or China willing to cut their hair for religious or monetary reasons. I just don't see that happening. I do think there is a shortage of good quality hair.. I think vendors used to be more selective with the hair they harvested but now since the demand is so much higher, they'll use any ol' hair. 
Printer_Ink View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Printer_Ink Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 8:57am
Is there going to be a 'human' shortgage then? That's the only way I can see that their will a shortage of human hair.

How could a population upwards of 3 billion people that are mainly poor and accustomized to selling their hair or just having it cut off for religious reasons ... gradually or suddenly stop doing this.
I think those articles are just trying get people upset. The writer is probably against wigs and weaves and would like to see a problem where we could no longer order this hair.

Sad thing is a lot of people order hair because they don't have of their own .. so what should these people do?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diamondgirrl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 9:19am
I agree
All the things you ladies are saying makes so much sense, thanks for calming my nerves

Wisney View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Wisney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 4:53pm
I think this would only realistically happen if there was a MASSIVE natural disaster in Asia that decimated huge parts of India and China. 
SistaHollywood View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SistaHollywood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 04 2013 at 11:56am
Originally posted by Wisney Wisney wrote:

I think this would only realistically happen if there was a MASSIVE natural disaster in Asia that decimated huge parts of India and China. 
ITAWink
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dime Curves Enhancement Shake
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair