Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

HR People -- Help Please

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Iowabred&fed View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Iowabred&fed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: HR People -- Help Please
    Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 10:56am
I have a little rant:

I've been applying for jobs for  multiple months. It grinds my gears when I have to fill out my information in an applicant tracking system like Taleo: they ask me to fill in my resume (un-formatted), upload my formatted resume, then have enough nerve to ask for my employment history where I have to (yet again) fill in the same exact sh*t that's on my resume.  Why though???Confused

BHM HR Folks: What gives?  I've  applied for hundreds of jobs since March of 2013  (not all through an ATS).  I don't understand why in the hell it's necessary for me to fill out my information multiple times. I'm not doing that, instead I put "Please See Resume".  It's redundant and incredibly time consuming. Angry  Da fuq?

Riddle me this: So I get an interview, go to said interview -- you tell me the timeline (about a week) before you make a decision. Ok. Cool.

This is never true. Ever. 

Why can't you just send me an e-mail, let a nicca know you chose another candidate instead of making me wait a month. Hell, if you know right away you don't want me, why can't you just tell me right then. I mean, sh*t...

I'm not going to get crunk. It's cool. 

I'm currently employed at an Engineering Firm while I'm on the job hunt and it's so hard to keep lying to my boss, making up excuses (I'm running out of themConfused), ducking and dodging to go to interviews only to get there and the HR people:

-Don't respect my time -- they're late
Like, "Oh-I-forgot-about-this-scheduled meeting-you're-going-to-have-to-wait-30-40 minutes," late.

This has happened to me at least 4 times.

Anyway. I'm done. 
Sponsored Links

Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 11:02am
Have you ever followed up on an interview with a thank you card/email?

Have you reached out to your network to hear about jobs that aren't advertised?

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iowabred&fed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Ladybird0724 Ladybird0724 wrote:

Have you ever followed up on an interview with a thank you card/email?

Have you reached out to your network to hear about jobs that aren't advertised?

I usually don't send a thank you e-mail to every interview I go to, but for the one's I thought went well, I do. Right now with my job hunt, I'm switching industries; unfortunately I don't have any contacts in the industry I'm looking to get in to. Sucks so bad Cry  ... I literally know no one.
juicifruit89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 11:12am
Originally posted by Iowabred&fed Iowabred&fed wrote:

I have a little rant:

I've been applying for jobs for  multiple months. It grinds my gears when I have to fill out my information in an applicant tracking system like Taleo: they ask me to fill in my resume (un-formatted), upload my formatted resume, then have enough nerve to ask for my employment history where I have to (yet again) fill in the same exact sh*t that's on my resume.  Why though???Confused The second employment history record is usually the official Employment Application, and is for candidates that make it past the screening round. These are usually placed in your personnel files if hired. If not hired, these are still kept with other applications for compliance purposes. A brief summary of your job duties (1-2 sentences) should suffice here.

BHM HR Folks: What gives?  I've  applied for hundreds of jobs since March of 2013  (not all through an ATS).  I don't understand why in the hell it's necessary for me to fill out my information multiple times. I'm not doing that, instead I put "Please See Resume".  It's redundant and incredibly time consuming. Angry  Da fuq?

Riddle me this: So I get an interview, go to said interview -- you tell me the timeline (about a week) before you make a decision. Ok. Cool.

Delays in the hiring process (hiring manager(s) is out of town, sick, wants to interview more people, holiday season so sporadically in-office, final candidate withdrawal)...many reasons for delays. We try to wrap up recruitment in 30 days or less for most positions however, and notify those not selected as quickly as possible. 

Why can't you just send me an e-mail, let a nicca know you chose another candidate instead of making me wait a month. Hell, if you know right away you don't want me, why can't you just tell me right then. I mean, sh*t...

I'm currently employed at an Engineering Firm while I'm on the job hunt and it's so hard to keep lying to my boss, making up excuses (I'm running out of themConfused), ducking and dodging to go to interviews only to get there and the HR people:

Like, "Oh-I-forgot-about-this-scheduled meeting-you're-going-to-have-to-wait-30-40 minutes," late.

This has happened to me at least 4 times. Yikes! That's not acceptable, someone goofed up somewhere down the line.

Anyway. I'm done. 

Edited by juicifruit89 - Dec 24 2013 at 11:15am
Ladycoils View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Ladycoils Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 11:15am
Sorry Iowa..

Some of those applicant tracking systems are a waste of time. Right now its an employers market and they know that. So they will keep you lingering- especially if its a lot of red tape on who makes the final decision. I would follow-up with the company after the time frame that they gave you- sometimes this will push them to make a decision and/or tell you that they need more time.
NARSAddict View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote NARSAddict Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 11:17am
Iowa you are singing my song.
juicifruit89 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote juicifruit89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 11:20am
Also, try seeing if they're willing to schedule interviews before or after work...a lot of employers understand that someone currently working may not be able to take off all of the time.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iowabred&fed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 11:27am
Originally posted by juicifruit89 juicifruit89 wrote:

Also, try seeing if they're willing to schedule interviews before or after work...a lot of employers understand that someone currently working may not be able to take off all of the time.

I think I'm going to have to try that -- it's starting to look super obvious to my boss and collegues. You can only use, "I have doctors/dentist appointment" so many times. Confused I don't want to jeopordize my current employment.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 11:28am
Well you never know what can turn up thru your network. Sounds silly but try to think positively and believe that the job that is meant for you is out there and will turn up.

I know how much it sucks to be kept wondering if you got a job or not. Keep your head up

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iowabred&fed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 24 2013 at 11:29am
Originally posted by juicifruit89 juicifruit89 wrote:

Originally posted by Iowabred&fed Iowabred&fed wrote:

I have a little rant:

I've been applying for jobs for  multiple months. It grinds my gears when I have to fill out my information in an applicant tracking system like Taleo: they ask me to fill in my resume (un-formatted), upload my formatted resume, then have enough nerve to ask for my employment history where I have to (yet again) fill in the same exact sh*t that's on my resume.  Why though???Confused The second employment history record is usually the official Employment Application, and is for candidates that make it past the screening round. These are usually placed in your personnel files if hired. If not hired, these are still kept with other applications for compliance purposes. A brief summary of your job duties (1-2 sentences) should suffice here.

Delays in the hiring process (hiring manager(s) is out of town, sick, wants to interview more people, holiday season so sporadically in-office, final candidate withdrawal)...many reasons for delays. We try to wrap up recruitment in 30 days or less for most positions however, and notify those not selected as quickly as possible. 

This has happened to me at least 4 times. Yikes! That's not acceptable, someone goofed up somewhere down the line.

Anyway. I'm done. 

I kind of figured with the holiday season stuff. Delay, Delay, Delay...ugh. I may go on hiatus and just wait for a month and see who calls me back.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic