Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Howard University students split over Diddy commen
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Howard University students split over Diddy commen

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Diane (35) View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Diane (35) Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 12:52pm
Originally posted by SamoneLenior SamoneLenior wrote:

Diddy also makes HU homecoming what it is

lol no one would care about their homecoming if it wasn't for him

How so? I know what the homecoming is but how did he impact the festivities?

O/T my mom loves P Diddy always has, he thinks he sooooo handsome he's  THE rapper to herCry
Sponsored Links

SamoneLenior View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 12:54pm

of those 20 how many have degrees?

I'm guessing most do (at least 11), I guess I need to google as well lol
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 1:44pm

of those 20 how many have degrees?

I'm guessing most do (at least 11), I guess I need to google as well lol

They likely all have advanced degrees, that's a perquisite for black executives in corporate America. That's why I like diddy for showing a different perspective of an entrpenuar.
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 1:52pm
Originally posted by Tbaby Tbaby wrote:

One of the best reasons I like BHM is that yall get me to googling stuffLOL

McDonald's CEO is a BLACK MAN!Clap
I knew Xerox was run by a Sista and AMEX by a Bruh! 
Maybe Howard needs to get to googling, too.

Top 20 Black CEOs

It didn't take very long for Benzinga to identify dozens of the top African-American heads of big-name American firms, despite an overall lack of representation in the higher levels of business.

The black CEOs on our list come from all corners of the country and lead public and private companies across all sectors of the economy.

1. Jan Adams, JMA Solutions

Jan Adams, the President and CEO, retired from the United States Air Force (USAF) after 24 years of outstanding service.  She served on the Joint Staff (1989-1992) and was responsible for the logistical and administrative setup of the first-ever U.S.-Soviet Military-to Military staff talks. She spearheaded the administrative setup for a J-8 War Game held in Mount Argentario, Italy which was attended by various countries military officials.

2. Joseph B. Anderson, TAG Holdings, LLC
He attended the United States Military Academy and graduated in 1965 with a degree in math and engineering

3. William Bailey, Rapier Solutions
William Bailey is a former veteran, University of Phoenix

4. Oprah Winfrey, Oprah Winfrey Network

Tennessee State University, Bachelor's degree

5. Ulysses Bridgeman, Bridgeman Foods Inc.
University of Louisville, Bachelor's degree

6. Ursula M. Burns, Xerox Corporation
bachelor of science degree in Mechanical Engineering from New York University Polytechnic School of Engineering in 1980 and a master of science in Mechanical Engineering from Columbia University a year later

7. Kenneth I. Chenault, American Express

He then received B.A. in history from Bowdoin College in 1973, and J.D. from Harvard Law School in 1976

8. Roger W. Ferguson, Jr., TIAA-CREF
Ferguson received a B.A. in economics magna cum laude in 1973, a J.D. cum laude in 1979, and a Ph.D. in economics in 1981, all from Harvard University. From 1973 to 1974, he attended Pembroke College at Cambridge University on a Frank Knox Memorial Fellowship. In 2004 Ferguson was elected to an Honorary Fellowship there. In addition, he has honorary degrees from Lincoln College (Illinois),[1] Webster University, Washington and Jefferson College, Michigan State University, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, St. Lawrence University and University of Maryland, Baltimore County.

9. Kenneth C. Frazier, Merck & Co., Inc.

After earning his B.A. from Penn State, Frazier enrolled at Harvard University to study law. He graduated in 1978 with a J.D.

10. Ronald Hall, Sr., Bridgewater Interiors
Mr. Hall earned a Master of Business Administration degree from Wayne State University in Detroit, Michigan, and a Bachelor of Science degree in mathematics from Western Michigan University in Kalamazoo, Michigan.

11. Janice Bryant Howroyd, ACT-1 Group

Bachelor’s Degree in English from North Carolina Agricultural and Technical State University.

12. Earvin "Magic" Johnson, Magic Johnson Enterprises
No degree

13. Robert L. Johnson, The RLJ Companies 

Johnson graduated from the University of Illinois in 1964 with a bachelor's degree in social studies.[3][4] While at the University of Illinois, Johnson was a member of the Beta chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi fraternity.[4] He received a master’s degree in public affairs from the Woodrow Wilson School at Princeton University in 1972

14. Kamoru Lawal, CAMAC
Texas Southern University, Bachelor's degree

15. Alex & Feysan Lodde, MV Transporation, Inc.
No degrees

16. Harold F. Mills, ZeroChaos

Mr. Mills received his bachelor's degree from Purdue University and his MBA from Harvard Business School.

17. Clarence Otis, Jr., Darden Restaurants, Inc.

He gained a scholarship into Williams College in Massachusetts, where he majored in Economics and Political Science. He graduated magna cum laude in 1977, receiving the school's Political Science writing prize and Phi Beta Kappa recognition in his senior year. Otis then moved on to Stanford University Law School in California, earning his Law degree in 1980.

18. Jim Reynolds, Loop Capital
Mr. Reynolds holds a Masters of Management in Finance from Northwestern University’s Kellogg Graduate School of Management and a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science from the University of Wisconsin, La Crosse.

19. David L. Steward, World Wide Technology Inc.
A determined student, Steward received his B.S. degree in business from Central Missouri State University in 1973

20. Don Thompson, McDonald's

Thompson is a graduate of Purdue University and holds an honorary doctorate from Excelsior College.

Edited by SamoneLenior - Apr 18 2014 at 2:59pm
afrokock View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote afrokock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 1:56pm
Originally posted by Diane (35) Diane (35) wrote:

Diddy also makes HU homecoming what it is

lol no one would care about their homecoming if it wasn't for him

How so? I know what the homecoming is but how did he impact the festivities?

O/T my mom loves P Diddy always has, he thinks he sooooo handsome he's  THE rapper to herCry
thats how he got started

party organising etc etc

Journey94 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Journey94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 1:56pm

not to compare, just curious

how many other black (aa or non-aa) college dropouts are now multimillionaires....like worth at least 25 mil or so (yall can pick another number if you want I just picked that one)

also, should extremely successful college dropouts, no matter who they are, ever give commencement speeches?

Majority of wealthy black Americans came from the bottom
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SamoneLenior Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 2:01pm

out of the 20 listed (and there are 2 people listed for one spot, they are married)

3 do not have a degree, 7 have a Bachelor's degree and 10 have 2 or more degrees

I said at least 11 before since majority is more than 50% lol

85% have a degree (or degrees)

Edited by SamoneLenior - Apr 18 2014 at 3:02pm
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 2:50pm
I havent read anything except for the thread subject line, BUT I feel that the students feeling about being for or against having Puffy as the commencement speaker are an internal campus issue and it is disgusting, petty and divisive for this info to have been leaked to the media or blogs as is unnecessarily airing dirty laundry.
melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 2:51pm
I am surprised Oprah doesn't have a few honaray degrees under her belt.
NJHairLuv View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote NJHairLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 2:52pm
another successful college educated ceo without the diploma: the ceo of grand hustle (T.I.'s record lable, behind his tv show etc) attended hampton u but left school after an internship with puffy.

Edited by NJHairLuv - Apr 18 2014 at 2:53pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
FAB Hair Premium Hair Extensions
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>