FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How would you respond?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How would you respond?
    Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:04pm
Hello ladies...

Theres some drama going down with a segment of my fam on FB and Im looking for input on how you would handle the situation.

Dets in short:

Donna drops her daughter off at her grandmothers (ur mother) house for the weekend.
Before you pick her up today ur mother tells u she cut her hair.
ur daughters hair is like this if not a lil longer and probably around the same age as girl in the pic

Your daughter hates her hair and hates when u do it...you love it and keep it up very well.
When she goes to her grandmothers house she tells you mom she hates it
Your mother cuts off 8inches.
Your daughter isnt phased by it and seems happy.

Donna stance:  shes pissed off and basically says "she shouldnt have cut her hair without even telling me first "
The grandmother stance: Her daughter is happy and its just hair... "ur daughters hair not urs... its not that serious"..

GMom was a hairdresser back in the day and says she knew what she was doing ..Donna feels its looks a mess and would most likely result in more hair being cut to fix it.

How would yall respond to this?

Sponsored Links

EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:05pm
well the reactions on a hair board will be a lil different
Flowing-Ice View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flowing-Ice Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:07pm
i'd be angry for a little. 
but... thats my mommy. 
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (13) Thanks(13)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:09pm
I would have a problem with ANYBODY doing anything to my child without my permission... even my mother

But the mother of the lil girl should've listened to her daughter
sugabanana View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (7) Thanks(7)   Quote sugabanana Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:09pm
Glosses this is a hair board we love and need every inch!!!!
yaya24 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote yaya24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:10pm
I would let her (my mom) know I was not happy with her decision and then set my expectations for how to handle MY daughter in the future....  and then I'd charge it to the game.

I'm one of those "its just hair" types... and if my daughter was happy then why would I stay mad at mom?
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:11pm
i would have said "exactly, MY daughters hair. NOT your daughter. I make the decisions for her, not you.Situations such as this require you to acquire my permission before you do anything." and I'd probably tell her that if the next time a situation like this were to arise and she did this again, I'd refrain from bringing her over.

If my mother was alive, she wouldn't do anything like that though...
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:12pm
LOL...lol I know.... she is heated tho...lol ...outside of the little girls dad our male cousins dont see the big deal. I think whats making her the most upset is her mom doesnt feel she did anything wrong
ImThatDiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (15) Thanks(15)   Quote ImThatDiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:12pm
and it's not about the hair, it's about her making a decision that wasn't hers to make
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 12 2012 at 11:14pm
Originally posted by ImThatDiva ImThatDiva wrote:

and it's not about the hair, it's about her making a decision that wasn't hers to make

this. grandparents have to know their boundaries as well. while i am sure as a grandma she just wanted to make her grandbaby happy...she was infringing on her daughters authority and is showing the grandchild that you can run to grandma when you do not get what you want.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists
DHT Blocker System
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 10>