Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
California Lace Wigs and Weaves
Forum Home Forum Home > The Archives > Talk Archives
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

Forum LockedHow would you know if you have a scalp fungus?

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
cityvixen View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Topic: How would you know if you have a scalp fungus?
    Posted: Aug 22 2007 at 8:50pm
How would I know if I had a scalp fungus.  Ialways read on how it's not good to leave your hair to air dry because it could cause mildew b/w the tracks or net and your hair. What are some symptoms?
Sponsored Links

Nichelle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2007 at 9:26pm
dry, itchy scalp is one major symptom.  Sometimes, dandruff can really be mistaken as a symptom of a scalp fungus.  Natural T-tree oil, witch hazel, and apple cider vinegar all help to alleviate fungus, as well as MN or I think a better MN type of thing is the Lotriman antifungal creme.
glamrock View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 22 2007 at 10:06pm

A dry itch that you can not stop scratching, a dank odor along with a tender scalp.

If you begin to feel this combination of symptoms, purchase some sulfur based hair product or some MN or mix the two together and apply it to your scalp and massage it in.

havilland View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2007 at 4:40pm
Originally posted by Nichelle Nichelle wrote:

dry, itchy scalp is one major symptom.  Sometimes, dandruff can really be mistaken as a symptom of a scalp fungus.  Natural T-tree oil, witch hazel, and apple cider vinegar all help to alleviate fungus, as well as MN or I think a better MN type of thing is the Lotriman antifungal creme.

co-sign!Wink
Pinkroses912 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 23 2007 at 4:52pm
These ladies are totally right!

I had a scalp fungus on either side of my head. I had a sew-in and I scratched between the tracks for about 2 months. I was oiling it because I thought my scalp was just dry.

I took down my install...and LO AND BEHOLD! Girl, I had two bald spots where it had been itching like the devil! I was so upset, I cried like a baby.

So...what I did was this: I read on the HAIR GROWTH board about the same symptoms I was having. I bought some SULFUR 8 and some Equate Wal-Mart brand yeast infection ointment and mixed the two together. I kept the areas treated with this concoction and VIOLA'! 7 months later, I've gone from bald spots to almost not even noticeable length difference with the rest of my hair.

I don't care what anyone says....that combo WORKED FOR ME! I put it on my temples while wearing microbraids for 2 months. When I took those braids down....I couldn't believe the difference. My hair looked like a totally different head of hair. It was longer, stronger and my edges filled in like crazy! My not work for everyone...but it did for me.

I continue to use this now even though my fungus is gone. HTH! Wink

Edited by Pinkroses912 - Aug 23 2007 at 4:54pm
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic