Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

How would you fix your bangs?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
lalaLeslie View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How would you fix your bangs?
    Posted: Jan 16 2013 at 6:30pm
I hate my bangs so much.
I went to a salon and she asked me if I wanted chinese bangs and I said no. I explained to her I wanted my bangs like an arch and I did a hand motion just in case she didn't know what an arch was. So when she got to my bangs she asked me how long I want them... I thought she meant the middle of the arch so I told her, and then she just cut them bluntly. I was shocked, I guess she noticed because she said whats wrong? But I couldn't tell her because she already did them. They're so ugly, just straight cut right below eyebrow level bangs. Even if people think they look nice, I do not, so I'm embarrassed to wear them. They're not me and they make me feel weird. I tried to cut them, but now they're just a choppy mess, but still better than ugly straight bangs. And I'd rather wear ugly *&%^$#@Eed up choppy bangs any day as opposed to straight chinese bangs. still, I don't want to wear them. 

She used a net in the front where the bangs are I believe. I have some hair left so maybe I can add some? Or try to remove them. I never worked with a net before. But the thing is I can't cut the top off because it's part of the closure, so I'll have a short cut on top and then long bangs on the bottom? It'll probably look really weird... 

I hair hair stylists... they NEVER do what you ask.

ETA: I would've brought in a photo, but I didn't know how to add it to my ipod because itunes changed the whole thing and idk how to use it. Wish I had a data phone so I could've looked it up and had it there for her to see. I really hate my bangs.

Do you think if I call her tomorrow and ask if she could fix them, she would do it free of charge? I know she's going to be like, "why didn't you say anything?" because I was embarrassed/nervous idk that's just how I am, if you're not family or really close to me I can't talk to you and I especially can't correct you, even though it affects me. But these bangs are really getting to me...

Edited by lalaLeslie - Jan 16 2013 at 6:34pm
Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 9:52am
So no ones every had their bangs done horribly and had to fix them their self I guess....
theLANAshow View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theLANAshow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 10:25am
Maybe it's just me, but I would never cut my own bangs. Too much room for error. Why not take a picture of what you want to a salon and ask them to fix it? Hairstylists fix bad hair cuts all the time.
510QUEEN View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 510QUEEN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 17 2013 at 12:14pm
baby when you curl them thangs put a dip flip in ya wrist to make them do the wave........hopefully they're not too short now..I HAVE SINCE CUT them down so i wont have that long piece on the side

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 1:37pm
Originally posted by 510QUEEN 510QUEEN wrote:

baby when you curl them thangs put a dip flip in ya wrist to make them do the wave........hopefully they're not too short now..I HAVE SINCE CUT them down so i wont have that long piece on the side

Mine are way shorter than yours. They're just too short. I tried adding hair but now it's too crowded and lumpy... I'll probably just be wearing a hat everyday for the next few months.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 1:38pm
Originally posted by theLANAshow theLANAshow wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but I would never cut my own bangs. Too much room for error. Why not take a picture of what you want to a salon and ask them to fix it? Hairstylists fix bad hair cuts all the time.

It's weave so it can't really be fixed, plus my bangs are too short to be fixed. She cut them too short, so they're unfixable (in that way at least).

I feel like the only way to fix it is to take the other tracks out... idk how to do that w/o up my whole head though.

Edited by lalaLeslie - Jan 18 2013 at 1:39pm
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 11:28pm
Originally posted by lalaLeslie lalaLeslie wrote:

She used a net in the front where the bangs are I believe. I have some hair left so maybe I can add some? Or try to remove them. I never worked with a net before. But the thing is I can't cut the top off because it's part of the closure, so I'll have a short cut on top and then long bangs on the bottom? It'll probably look really weird... ..

I THINK I understand what you are asking. 

You want a bang that sits at the bridge of your nose in the center, and tapers on the sides I think? 

You may need a second set of hands, but this can be fixed.  If you have someone to help you, take a seam ripper and remove the tracks that currently make up the bang area.  Then sew new wefts where the short bangs were, and have the bangs recut to blend.  The trick is have them razor cut, and then to take a pair of thinning shears to the ends to feather them a little.
PeacefulOne View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeacefulOne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 18 2013 at 11:29pm
It would help a lot if you can post a pic . . .

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lalaLeslie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 21 2013 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by PeacefulOne PeacefulOne wrote:

Originally posted by lalaLeslie lalaLeslie wrote:

She used a net in the front where the bangs are I believe. I have some hair left so maybe I can add some? Or try to remove them. I never worked with a net before. But the thing is I can't cut the top off because it's part of the closure, so I'll have a short cut on top and then long bangs on the bottom? It'll probably look really weird... ..

I THINK I understand what you are asking. 

You want a bang that sits at the bridge of your nose in the center, and tapers on the sides I think? 

You may need a second set of hands, but this can be fixed.  If you have someone to help you, take a seam ripper and remove the tracks that currently make up the bang area.  Then sew new wefts where the short bangs were, and have the bangs recut to blend.  The trick is have them razor cut, and then to take a pair of thinning shears to the ends to feather them a little.

I tried to ask my sister but she said that she can't do that. And now I'm back at school and wearing a hat everyday, it's really annoying. I'm just going to take the hair out during spring break, so I have to wear this hat for a month and 3 weeks... I should've brought the extra hair w/ me, maybe I couldn't found someone here to do it. 
katakana89 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katakana89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 22 2013 at 2:18pm
I like peacefulone's response. If you can't do it yourself (I can't install either), I'd take the extra hair and see if you can get someone that knows how to sew or another stylist to just fix the bang area
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic