Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How would our ancestors feel?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 45678>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 1:20am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

My grandpa from NC was wild ....lol My grandma claimed she was what made him calm down...He tried to form a biker gang but no one wanted to ride with him because they didnt know what he wasLOL.The blacks knew he had some black in him but they didnt trust him. He did the moonshine thing as well. My grandma on the other hand was this really shy woman...very soft spoken.....but they were an amazing pair...... when she passed he kinda shut down...when he went to her casket at her funeral he just stood there for a long time and kissed her and that was the first time I ever saw him do that lawd i cried  and cried.... Cry...

My grandpa made moonshine, too.

He was also a pothead.
Sponsored Links

carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 1:27am
Awwww Gkisses.Heart

...Y'all's grandparents sound like they were gettin' early 20th century ratchet. I ain't mad lol.
Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 4:54am
How far back are we talking? Some of them were nice kind people who would be proud of me but then some I wouldn't want to even meet. I think overall most would be proud of us. We are free, we have chances to go to school which they didn't. We don't live in fear of some men in sheets snatching us out of our beds in the middle of the night. We have a black family in the Whitehouse, one on the Supreme Court. Some of the biggest names in the media-sports and the most powerful are black.
Ladybird0724 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ladybird0724 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 9:56am
I think that while they would be proud of us, that despite all this adversity, we are still living, they would be disappointed that we are not thriving as a people. sure, maybe some pockets are but I don't think as a whole we are thriving.

I would think that they wished that we were more cohesive as a community, locally, nationally and internationally. we have all this amazing technology, so why not harvest it to institute a change? look at what has been going on in the middle eastern countries...they used social media as an instrumental tool in changing their country.

Imagine what we as a people could do if we could do the same thing. it could be glorious.

Over_all View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Over_all Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 10:04am
I never thought about this until that one episode of boondocks where they brought MLK back to life like he was in coma.. It hit really hard because you know this wasn't what he had in mind
Prazol60 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prazol60 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 10:16am
The idea of a united community feels missing for many people. Not just black people. Politicians from many countries keep talking about it and how family is being broke down. I don't feel the same way. I think what is a community is different than yesterday. I am on a messageboard talking to other black women. I am a member of a group of black women offline. People still go to church, people still get together in groups for different reasons. Some on here have met each other and formed real friendships offline.

I hate to say this but I think Americans are lazy. I could not see a Orange Revolution or Arab Spring happening in the US. People would rather vote for two parties they know don't give a damn about them than even look at a third party much less get out in the streets and actually march.
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 10:28am
I'm sorry I don't mean to sound rude but, I don't care about what other communities are doing.
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 10:35am
We don't need to wait for others to become unified to do so.
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 10:35am
Originally posted by AshBash89 AshBash89 wrote:

Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Some will be impressed some will be proud and some will be happy. I think some may be disappointed that as a whole a lot more hasnt been done but I would also think they would be understanding of the circumstance  and how the overall success of the AA community isnt simply black/white... no pun. 
I agree
this
Bunnyahh View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Bunnyahh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 10:38am
and  funny how the point of segregation & integration was brought up, yet some dont see the parallels of inclusion vs exclusion with gays in the church

smh @ closemindedness

Edited by Bunnyahh - Feb 12 2013 at 11:22am
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
GreatGlam.com
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Beautfiully Created Human Hair Extensions
The Haircare Solution for Locs and Twists