BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Perfect Hair Collection

How would our ancestors feel?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 11:37pm
Of course, that's why all this hind sight that integration was such a bad idea is just that hind sight.

Sponsored Links

ScorpioLuv View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ScorpioLuv Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 11:39pm
They'd be disappointed and angry. Disappointed in the overall viewpoints of the AA youth in majority, the way some of us black people are still forced to live and mad that other black people that come here just take advantage of the rights that AA ancestors died for us to have in this country or give them credit for.
AshBash89 View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AshBash89 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 12:42am
Originally posted by Gkisses Gkisses wrote:

Some will be impressed some will be proud and some will be happy. I think some may be disappointed that as a whole a lot more hasnt been done but I would also think they would be understanding of the circumstance  and how the overall success of the AA community isnt simply black/white... no pun. 
I agree
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 12:48am

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

I remember asking my great grandma about the Great Depression.
She was like what? Same ole same ole, didn't make no difference to them she said

I miss being able to talk to my grandparents....It would be just about life in general......... it never got boring... They all came were around the same age one set from KY and other from NC yet had such situations that made their life sooooooooo different so it was an interesting pov of racism.
Hug

Off topic, I was just getting to the age where I really understood what they were talking about before they died. One of my grandparents grew up in Montgomery Al, the other in Tn before moving to Mich and granny hated white folk until the day she died. I didn't fully understand her mistrust and anger until after she passed.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 12:52am
Yeah, I miss my grandmothers something terrible.  I miss their stories about what things were like growing up.  I miss how my northern grandma told me about the train ride she took to the south and saw segregated signs once she crossed the Mason-Dixon line.  I miss how she told me about the time she was in school and a white boy called her the name and she beat the ever living shyt out of him and from then on, he was just as nice as he could be to her. 

I only hope that she and my other ancestors are proud of me.
Sang Froid View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sang Froid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 12:53am
My grandma told me stories about how she hid a murderer in her house and how she found her babydaddy overdosed on heroine in the bathroom. 
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 12:55am
Originally posted by carolina cutie carolina cutie wrote:

Originally posted by jonesable jonesable wrote:

I remember asking my great grandma about the Great Depression.
She was like what? Same ole same ole, didn't make no difference to them she said

I miss being able to talk to my grandparents....It would be just about life in general......... it never got boring... They all came were around the same age one set from KY and other from NC yet had such situations that made their life sooooooooo different so it was an interesting pov of racism.
Hug

Off topic, I was just getting to the age where I really understood what they were talking about before they died. One of my grandparents grew up in Montgomery Al, the other in Tn before moving to Mich and granny hated white folk until the day she died. I didn't fully understand her mistrust and anger until after she passed.

My grandpa who was from NC was biracial...he didnt trust any white ppl but his mama. She was disowned by a majority of her family. He had a habit of showing off in from of white ppl....to let them know he wasnt broke.... but he would always return shhh on the low.. cause he was kinda cheapLOL. My one grandma from KY had always worked as maid for this rich white fam in indiana til her dying day. Many asked when she would stop but she said she never would.....
carolina cutie View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carolina cutie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 1:06am
^HeartI would love to hear about your grandparents' lives. NC/SC is still racist as heck in some areas so it must've been horrible back in the day.

My grandma's reaction to The Help was priceless. She lived in the area during the era and her side eye could've melted steel lol.
teendiva View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote teendiva Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 1:09am
Realistically speaking, they'd be floored. If I ever travel to the future, I'm sure I'd be shocked about everything.
Gkisses View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gkisses Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 12 2013 at 1:14am
My grandpa from NC was wild ....lol My grandma claimed she was what made him calm down...He tried to form a biker gang but no one wanted to ride with him because they didnt know what he wasLOL.The blacks knew he had some black in him but they didnt trust him. He did the moonshine thing as well. My grandma on the other hand was this really shy woman...very soft spoken.....but they were an amazing pair...... when she passed he kinda shut down...when he went to her casket at her funeral he just stood there for a long time and kissed her and that was the first time I ever saw him do that lawd i cried  and cried.... Cry...

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
House of CB London
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Dependable Quality Hair
Switch Up your Look with a protective Style
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 34567 8>
  Share Topic