BHM BHM BHM
Summer Hair Takeover Specials
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

How would our ancestors feel?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>

The Best Human Hair Available with No Service Match

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 5 Votes, Average 3.40  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How would our ancestors feel?
    Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 10:10pm

Lately I have been finding myself thinking about how my ancestors would have felt about the state of the African American community today. Do you think they would be disappointed? I feel like our ancestors wanted much better for us and it has been on my mind so much lately. What are your thoughts?

Sponsored Links

HaitianDiva64 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote HaitianDiva64 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 10:12pm
they probably thinking this is not what we fought and died for but at the same time know this mindset is not completely our faults.
TokyoRose View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TokyoRose Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 10:13pm
They gave our lives so we could act like fools on reality TV and WSHH. 

They are turning over in their graves.  I feel as a community we have let them down. 
Junior Jr View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Junior Jr Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 10:15pm
i hope the integrationist gen would look at us and say "oops, our bad"

jr.
jonesable View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jonesable Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 10:16pm
Good topic Babyk.

My grandma actually popped my mouth this Sunday,
She said something in Gullah and I asked her to repeat it bc I forgot the word.
She asked me why I don't remember our word, I told her not many ppl away from that side of the state know it so I don't say it much until I come home .

I couldn't imagine what our slave ancestors would say.
Probably a mix of disappointment for what we need to improve on and joy for what we've done so far.

They would be so glad that we didn't have whip marks on our backs though and we have it easier than they did.
But they wouldn't be happy at the state of the black family and our financial shambles.

Old black people did not like debt.
It was a tool by white ppl to keep them down

They would be disappointed but there HAS been some improvement and not all is lost

Edited by jonesable - Feb 11 2013 at 10:19pm
babyk94 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote babyk94 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

They are turning over in their graves.  I feel as a community we have let them down. 
I'm happy someone feels the same way as I do, it's getting to the point where I can't stop thinking about it. I really wanna do something but, I don't know where to start.
EPITOME View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EPITOME Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 10:21pm
Originally posted by Junior Jr Junior Jr wrote:

i hope the integrationist gen would look at us and say "oops, our bad"

jr.

LOL u legit made me lol
BBpants View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote BBpants Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 10:25pm
I don't know how they would feel and honestly I'm not sure I care. I'm just trying to be the best I can be.
Alias_Avi View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Alias_Avi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 10:30pm
Who knows?

Black people don't really care tbh
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 11 2013 at 10:32pm
Originally posted by TokyoRose TokyoRose wrote:

My Father use to get so angry when the gangs start killing . Daddy would talk about the things he had to endure, for these fools Freedom to walk the streets without the fear of death simply due to race . Kids raising Kids .
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
The Elite Hair Care Sorority
Electric Cherry Hair
Hair Extensions Wefted Hair Wigs and More
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Make Them Stare Hair
DivaWigs.com
Premium Quality Human Hair Extensions and Closures
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 8>
  Share Topic