Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Lets Talk > Talk, Talk, and More Talk
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

How White People Got So Rich

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 7 Votes, Average 4.29  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 10:35am
I'm just glad that we're looking at this at all.  The two things we always have to remember and make sure we understand when confronted with the bullsh*t are institutional racism vs generational wealth.   We didn't just accidentally end up here w/o bootstraps to pull up. 

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Mar 12 2014 at 10:37am
Sponsored Links

kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 10:36am
dp..

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Mar 12 2014 at 10:36am
trudawg View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote trudawg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 10:47am

Originally posted by kfoxx1998 kfoxx1998 wrote:

I'm just glad that we're looking at this at all.  The two things we always have to remember and make sure we understand when confronted with the bullsh*t are institutional racism vs generational wealth.   We didn't just accidentally end up here w/o bootstraps to pull up. 

Agreed. On a side note, there is a certain brand of intellectually conscious BHM members that I absolutely love dialoguing with, kfoxx being one of them. Honestly, it's one of the main reasons I stay on BHM. 
We need think-tanks in our communities with the ability to effectuate change within our communities. You would think with an AA president we would have back-channel opportunities to address some of these issues, but on its face, it doesn't appear so. I could be wrong, and I certainly hope I am.

iliveforbhm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 11:06am
Yeah, we need real think tanks and really get in tune with our African brothers across the atlantic. The wealth that is brewing rapidly is why the Chinese, Japanese, and many other people are there. If there wasn't any money to be made they would not be there for no reason. I think the whole reason they try to put fear into African Americans that Africa is horrible and wretched place to live in which many nations are not bad, but very great places to live is to keep us from attaining wealth with them. We live in America and see the corruption and how they treat others and everyone else is pimping us. It's time to switch on them and pimp them for a change.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 11:23am
BHM ate my postLOL

Thank you trudawg.  I feel exactly the same way. 

It definitely has to be us and this young generation on the rise now.  I feel like our black leadership is paralyzed by all the bullsh*t.   I feel it too and I'm weary of their foolishness.  Grass Roots is going to be more powerful. 

Hubby is convinced that Obama will be a very effective leader with tremendous influence once he LEAVES the white house.  I hope that is true.  I hope he walks away with one powerful thing on his mind as his legacy and that thing is black America.   I hope Michelle never fades from view like most 1st ladies.  I hope she really steps into it and becomes a beacon for little black girls.  I nod my head like he may have a point.    If I had that kind of power as an ex-President for life I guarantee I would be the 1st ex-President to be assassinated.  I would act up after how they disrespected him for 8 years.
SeducTress View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote SeducTress Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 11:44am
Tru this is a five star thread.Beer

I read it last night. All I could do was nod my head in agreement.

I wonder how we can ignite these sort of threads.

Personally speaking, when I read and agree, I don't have much to discuss. LOL

iliveforbhm View Drop Down
Guest Group
Guest Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote iliveforbhm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 11:58am
You think President Obama is going to leave a powerful resonance after he leaves office? He might be the strategist type than. I'm still on the fence about that one, he does have the potential to do so, but how is he going to do it?
Katrenia View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (5) Thanks(5)   Quote Katrenia Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 12:02pm
They kill, steal and destroy just like their father.

melikey View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote melikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 12:47pm
Truth mixed with garbage.
kfoxx1998 View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote kfoxx1998 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 12 2014 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by iliveforbhm iliveforbhm wrote:

You think President Obama is going to leave a powerful resonance after he leaves office? He might be the strategist type than. I'm still on the fence about that one, he does have the potential to do so, but how is he going to do it?

I said my husband thinks that.  Its one of those things I can't really speculate on.  Just think I would welcome it. 

If he does the way he can do it is through his influence.  The Ex-Presidents can get the ear of anyone and they are a small elite group.  Black America issues are so far removed from a sitting President's agenda that its an area nobody can claim Obama is interfering with the new president's power.   Interference is the reason ex-Presidents stay mostly silent.  Notice how every time Bill Clinton says anything at all they try to twist it into fighting words. 

ETA:  To Answer your question YES he will leave with power.  There are very few ex-Presidents alive today and on the DL they have more influence out of office than in. 

Edited by kfoxx1998 - Mar 12 2014 at 1:14pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345>
  Share Topic