Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Weaves / Extensions (Newbies)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

How To Tell If Youve Just Purchased Bad Weave

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
hairfanatic501 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfanatic501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How To Tell If Youve Just Purchased Bad Weave
    Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 12:47pm

Okay guys, I want to hear how you determine the quality of your weave before you install it. That way newbies can return the hair instead of wasting their money on bad hair.

Sponsored Links

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote hairfanatic501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 12:51pm
I perform the the burn test to see if it's mixed with synthetic fibers (if 2-3 strands burn like Jumbo Braid then I return it ASAP).
I look at the wefts to see if their poorly constructed (if the tracks look like a 9 year old sewed them together its probably bad hair).
I also think about how much I paid for it that way I know what to expect from it. (a $50 14inch bundle means it’s some high priced Bump hair...I don’t care if it is on sale that mess it not gone last).

Edited by hairfanatic501 - Dec 03 2012 at 1:04pm
ms.blue View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote ms.blue Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 1:46pm
1. I check the ends first to see how much split ends the bundle has
2. Weft construction-if the wefts look shoddy-I'm not going to use it or even waste my time sealing the wefts.
3. Shedding and tangling from the weft-tangling can be caused bt extremely long beards (return hairs from the wefts).
4. How the hair reacts to water.
5.price-major factor-if I pay a decent amt of money, I expect better quality hair especially if I'm purchasing from an AV.
weavenaked View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote weavenaked Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 03 2012 at 10:20pm
If you want to learn about the quality of weaves, you should visit our website at http://weavenaked.com.

We do not sell or advertise anything. All you will see are facts and data about quality of hair weave extensions.

For any questions please e-mail me at anything@weavenaked.com.

Thank you.

WeaveNaked
http://weavenaked.com

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfanatic501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 11:54am
I just checked out the weavenaked.com site and you have some good points on there. I really the fact that you pointed out that good hair doesn't mean a certain ethnicity. Clap I give your site 2 thumbs up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
f8dagrate View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote f8dagrate Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 6:30pm
Originally posted by hairfanatic501 hairfanatic501 wrote:

I just checked out the weavenaked.com site and you have some good points on there. I really the fact that you pointed out that good hair doesn't mean a certain ethnicity. Clap I give your site 2 thumbs up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

girl did you just thank your self and answer ask yourself the same questionConfused u and that other poster right above you can get the heck out of here.. smh vendors got no shame at all these days.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 6:32pm
LOLStern Smile

darlinnic View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote darlinnic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 04 2012 at 7:34pm
Lol!!!
vanessaw View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vanessaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2012 at 2:45am
First I check if the hair is remy by sliding my fingers vertically in both directions.. Then I see if the hair will shed by pulling on it. Then I try straightening, bleaching, and whatever. Most of the times it doesn't work very good and its so frustraiting!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hairfanatic501 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2012 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by f8dagrate f8dagrate wrote:

Originally posted by hairfanatic501 hairfanatic501 wrote:

girl did you just thank your self and answer ask yourself the same questionConfused u and that other poster right above you can get the heck out of here.. smh vendors got no shame at all these days.

First and foremost, no one is selling hair. The point of this thread is to help people identify bad hair before installing it. Second, I answered the question because I was letting others know what I'm currently doing. Third, if your not going to be helpful please don't post. I thought this site was for helping people not for making false accusations. 

Edited by hairfanatic501 - Dec 09 2012 at 5:09pm
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply