Premier Lace Wigs

Mynx Hair

Author
morning_glory View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to tell if your weave is too tight
    Posted: Jun 07 2007 at 9:35am
Hey ladies! OK I got my weave done Monday night. And last night and today its been feeling kinda tight. On certain tracks only though. Because she braided my tracks across, at the very end of some of the tracks I feel it pulling tightly on my scalp. There's a small bump and its a bit pink, too. Does this mean its too tight? Or is this normal and I should just wait a few more days? Would it loosen a bit once I wash it? I still haven't washed it yet. I just rubbed some balm onto the end of the tracks and it feels a bit better, but still really tight.

Thanks so much!!! :)
Sponsored Links

yellow08 View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2007 at 9:57am

I am not sure but if you have those small bumps and from your description, your weave might be too tight! A too tight weave can cause breakage and balding.

Edited by yellow08 - Jun 07 2007 at 9:58am
naturesgift View Drop Down
Elite Member
Elite Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2007 at 10:35am
how to tell: well
your eyes maybe slanted more than you best "asian" friend. 
you look like you have had a face lift,
your head, scalp and "brain" hurtsDead and when you move your head or touch your hair, laugh, smile or breath you have trouble remembering why you put the weave in in the first place cause it hurts so much... that means it's too tight

(yes it will loosen up with water and time GOOd luck) 
moremi View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2007 at 11:07am
put hot water on a rag-- put the hot rag on your hair... it will losen the braid
alynxx View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2007 at 11:18am
Too tight...
Nichelle View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2007 at 12:03pm
yeah, it sounds like it may be too tight.  Sometimes though it can be the tightness from sewing the weft in.  You may want to go back to your stylist and tell her is feels tight.  I did this and she just re-sewed it tight, but not so tight that it pulled.  You don't want to take your weave out in 6-12 weeks and find that you have bald spots!
A Distinct Edge View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2007 at 3:56pm

totally in agreement.. Too tight (a constant head ache, or pain while lifitng your head) I have 18 yr old bald patch from too tight braids. I would also see if you can get  either a oil sheen or  Organic Root Stimulator Cream in the bottle  or Doo gro oil.. putting that on thwe offending tracks will ease the tension some .. but if you also get some temple balm it will also help to nourish that tortured area(at least unitl you can get to your stylist 

pjchip View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2007 at 4:03pm

The bumps come from the scalp being irritated, I remember that from getting braids and that is from being too tight.
I think the hot rag is a good idea along with going back and having parts loosened a bit.
havilland View Drop Down

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 07 2007 at 4:17pm

i agree with the other ladies.  it sound like it's too tight.  which can cause damage.

i had that happen with my old stylist on my first set of extension becuase i didn't know any better. 

i suggest putting pure shea butter on the area every few days and neosporin the first day and each time you wash.  that's what i did.  i had no breakage at all.  (also helpful not to sleep on the side where it is tight if you can help it)

next time make sure you have them braid you looser.  the problem i had was that the braids weren't too tight going in, but once she attached the weft, the stiching make it even tighter. 

so my suggestion is to tell them you are tenderheaded and have them braid it looser.  when they sew the hair in it tightens up anyway.

hth
morning_glory View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 08 2007 at 12:13am
Thanks you guys!

The funny thing is that I only started to feel like that since yesterday morning. Monday evenining, Tuesday and Wednesday I was fine. I don't know if it has something to do with the fact that I have been wearing it up since I had it done cuz I didn't want people at work to know..haha

Im going to wash it today and then head to the salon this afternoon cuz it doesn't open until 3.30. Since I put the balm on it most of the bumps have gone down. And it isn't hurting as much as itching now. I'm trying to loosen it a bit myself because its such a hassle to go down to the salon!! Its in the middle of downtown and its always SOO crowded and no parking and its smelly ..not pleasant :( But I think it is just too tight..or maybe even the wefts are just a TINY bit too small for the track..cuz only two tracks feel like that.
Sunwell
China Lace Wigs
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Netwurks Xcel21
Human Hair Wigs
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic