BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Care > Lace Fronts
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

How to tame flyaways on your lace wig?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>

Author
elisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to tame flyaways on your lace wig?
    Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 7:06pm
Lately, I don't know what it is, but my kinky straight texture & yaki lace front wigs hairs are flying all over the place. I have to constantly comb my hair down with a little water to tame it. It's fine until a couple of hours and there it goes again.

Any solutions?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links

RedWine View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedWine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 7:23pm
use hairspray,setting lotion or mouse for lasting hold.
starliteboo View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starliteboo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 7:23pm
Have you tried just plucking the short hair out of the unit
elisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 7:33pm
Originally posted by starliteboo starliteboo wrote:

Have you tried just plucking the short hair out of the unit
It's not the short hairs that's giving me the problems, it's the stray hairs on the sides. (Looks like I stuck my finger in an electric socket the way my flyaways look lol!)

elisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 7:35pm
Originally posted by RedWine RedWine wrote:

use hairspray,setting lotion or mouse for lasting hold.

Thanks Redwine. I do have some mousse lying around in my stash. 
pg12345 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote pg12345 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 7:44pm
hi ..those short hairs are what are keeping the long hairs in the wig (there is always a short end with ventilation...a smidgen of shea butter will keep those hairs down quickly also parting and tying it with a scarf will train those ends ...as you wear the wig the knots in the wig will relax and those small pieces will lay down easier..but dont cut them off because if you cut them too close the hair in the wig will gradually shed ...just fyiCool
hennared View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hennared Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 10:01pm
^^^ what she said!
Favored1 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Favored1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 20 2013 at 10:43pm
I agree with Henna and pg12345, do not cut the hair because eventually your unit will get bald spots. After several washes those little hairs will relax and lay down like the rest of the hair.  When you apply your conditioner (whether DC or leave-in) concentrate on adding a little more where the hair is sticking up but make sure to avoid the roots.  

In the meantime, try John Freida's Flyaway Tamer.  Although I don't like adding silicone on the hair and this product contains it, I still say JFFT is the best on the market  for flyaways.  This product also contains Inca Imchi Oil which is very good for the hair....I like Inca Oil better than argan, but both are very good.

Good Luck

John Frieda Full Repair Touch-Up Flyaway Tamer

Polishes broken strands for a perfectly shiny finish

• For damage from frequent heat styling + coloring
  • With Inca Inchi Oil

Crystal-clear formula with Inca Inchi Oil weightlessly smoothes flyaways and frayed ends to keep full-bodied styles perfectly polished.  Ideal for on-the-go touch-ups and a boost of shine.

Not intended for the eye area.
Safe for color-treated and chemically-treated hair.

elisa View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elisa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 21 2013 at 6:37pm
Thanks all for your suggestions. However, my problem is with the hair itself (not the short strands). I used a touch of mousse to control the "static hair" this morning and that helped. I have a feeling since I tuck my hair inside my coat when I'm out in the cold and  wearing a hat , all that rubbing may be causing the flyaway/static. i could only put so much water and a comb throughout the day to lay the hair down. 

@Favored1, I may have to buy that product and carry it my purse. I can't see myself carrying around a can of mousse lol! Smile
starnonymous View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote starnonymous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 23 2013 at 12:12pm
Have you tried putting on a satin bonnet before you put your winter hat on? I've started doing that, then when I get to work my wig (Italian Yaki) still looks sleek.
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic