Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > My Spirituality > Inspirational Scriptures
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Extensions Plus

How to Stabilize Wavering Faith

Post Reply Post Reply

Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote nella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to Stabilize Wavering Faith
    Posted: Nov 13 2013 at 9:42pm

How to Stabilize Wavering Faith

Dr. Charles Stanley

Read | Matthew 21:18-22

Allowing our faith to waver closes us off from God’s blessings. He cannot violate His own principle and answer a doubter’s prayer. In contrast, believers who have chosen steady faith can expect the Lord to give them what they ask—or something even better.

Stabilizing unsteady faith requires two actions. First, decide to believe that the Lord is trustworthy. Insecure feelings are tied to our circumstances, but our mind and heart can be tethered to the Lord instead. “I refuse to doubt my God any longer” should become the battle cry for Christians facing difficulty and pain. When the Deceiver whispers discouragement, we can tell him that we know who our God is and that He will do what He promises. Satan cannot argue with steadfast faith.

Second, get into God’s Word and meditate on His promises. When we ponder the Lord’s assurances, we absorb them into our daily life. As our mind and spirit fill with the Father’s thoughts, we begin to think as He does. Anytime we are feeding on Scripture, whether through a sermon, group Bible study, or personal reading, we should write notes and take time to meditate on the passage. Then, whenever harsh circumstances confront us and our faith begins to waver, we can recall God’s promises and stand firm in our decision to trust Him.

Believers who stabilize their faith pray specifically, in accordance with God’s promises. And from the moment the first prayer goes heavenward, we can live in anticipation of how He is going to answer. Faith is a great adventure.

Sponsored Links

Promiseualways View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Promiseualways Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 16 2013 at 6:43am
Great explanation of how to divert doubt!
sexyandfamous View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 06 2014 at 1:39pm
My faith is wavering... this was a nice find.

Oh and this one is good too, not related to losing faith, but about enjoying your day because He made it.
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 12:34pm
I needed something from God. Actually, it was an answer. I have been struggling with something for days, and I kept asking Him to tell me, but then I would cry and doubt, and no answer. Finally, yesterday, I managed to not cry the whole day and at night I thanked God for what I felt grateful for at the moment and then asked my question, telling Him I believed He would deliver. Before, I had been asking for a yes or no answer, but I decided to change that, and allow Him to answer the way He knew it was best.
About four hours later, He delivered it.

My faith is restored. Thank you.
Physiqque View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Physiqque Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 7:39pm
I have strong belief in God; but mi faith on whether God cares for me is what's up&down. I haven't gone to church in a couple months; and shyts just fallin apart; one bad thing after the other. Things have been real unfair for me, and I know I'm not the only one "Life's unfair" but why tho?  
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sexyandfamous Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 10 2014 at 8:05pm
I don't think going to church is what will bring anyone closer to God. I think prayer and following his Word help more. But I have a couple beliefs that are not in the Bible, for I don't fully believe that book, so that's why I see church as pointless, but it can help the ones who believe that the establishment can strengthen their faith.
nella View Drop Down
VIP Member
VIP Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nella Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 13 2014 at 7:52am
Originally posted by Physiqque Physiqque wrote:

I have strong belief in God; but mi faith on whether God cares for me is what's up&down. I haven't gone to church in a couple months; and shyts just fallin apart; one bad thing after the other. Things have been real unfair for me, and I know I'm not the only one "Life's unfair" but why tho?  

Hi Physiqque,

First ask yourself, "What is it that I am doing?", "How is my spiritual walk?" "Am I doing anything that is pulling me away from God?" "What is God trying to show me during this period?"

Evalute your life to see if there is something or somethings that are occurring based on your actions. If you can't think of anything, then it could just be God's way of trying to pull you back to him. You mentioned that you haven't been to church in a couple of months, does that mean you haven't been praying as well? If so, I would strongly advise you to start praying and asking the Lord to reveal to you why things are happening right now (if you don't already know).

Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic