Black Hair Media Forum Homepage
BHM BHM BHM
Forum Home Forum Home > Hair Products > Styling Products
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - How to Slick Hair that is Dry and Breaking Off??
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login
Angkor Cambodian Hair

How to Slick Hair that is Dry and Breaking Off??

Post Reply Post Reply
It Always Begin With Beautiful Hair

Bootiful Cream

Author
MzRealli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzRealli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: How to Slick Hair that is Dry and Breaking Off??
    Posted: Jan 20 2013 at 10:08pm
I have tried everything in the book and no luck

- all ecostylers
- ors edge control
- aloe vera
- fantasia gels
- proamp gels, 
- hemp grease, etc

heres my routine before applying drawstring ponytail

Apple cider vinegar - 1x a month

i use creme of nature professional moisturizing conditioner
design essentials leave in conditioner
moisturize w/ shea enhancing smoothie
seal with water n evoo mixed in a bottle
apple aco styler brown gel or eco styler white gel
sometimes apply ors edge control on edges

no good results my hair is always dry and breaking off

i need something that can smooth my hair without gel and keep my hair smooth and shiny since i wear drawstring ponytails

i want my hair to grow as well

any help is appreciated 

Sponsored Links

MzRealli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzRealli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 11:35am
^ Which I do have

Can anyone actually help? It would be appreciated.
india100 View Drop Down
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote india100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 23 2013 at 11:46am
Set your hair under a hair dryer and place a tight scarf at night . A wave brush may help also .
MzRealli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzRealli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 25 2013 at 6:01pm
I don't have a hair dryer
SinCityKitty View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SinCityKitty Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 28 2013 at 11:57pm
Seems like your moisturizing well but I notice you didnt mention anything about protein. You may need to add a lil protein to your regimen. I always use Aphogee Keratin and green tea reconstructurizer spray after washing my hair and I do protein treatments every 4-6 months.  That may help with your breakage.

Also I notice that if I dont drink enough water, it doesnt matter how much I moisturize my hair it will not stay moisturized. So try drinking alot of water if you dont already do so. That may help with dryness. 

As far as shine goes, I like to use Garnier Frustis sleek and shine serum. It gives my hair lots of shine with out it feeling weighed down or greasy.  Plus it smells soooo good and it has argan oil.

To get your hair laid and smooth, do your pony tail before bed and then sleep with a silk/satin scarf and then a cotton scarf on top for extra support.

Thats all the tips I have..lol 
MzRealli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzRealli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2013 at 2:06pm
^Thank you so much!!!! I will try the aphogee and serum soon
MzRealli View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MzRealli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2013 at 3:24pm
anyone else?
KikiScorpio92 View Drop Down

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KikiScorpio92 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 09 2013 at 7:14am
I believe SinCityKitty touched on the points I would've of suggested to be honest the only thing I was going to add is I find castor oil is good to keep your edges smoothed down and since your hair doesn't like some gel it's an alternative option instead of lots of products with cones or alcohol which is drying.

P.s. When you get in from work, school etc Put on a wrap immediately to keep the style from being altered or messed with so the next day you can just up and go :)
Get Longer Healthier Faster Growing Hair
Get Healthier Stronger Longer Hair
Glam Twinz
Weave Connection
Little Black Scarf
Human Hair Wigs
Wefting Training
Brazilian Hair
Brazilian Hair
Wig and Hair Extension on Amazon
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic