Wig TIP of the Day....
How to recurl your synthetic wig -
NOTE: This is not a process to do after work for a wig you plan to wear the next morning, this is the process when a wig is old, and YOU have another wig to wear while this wig dries which might take at least 24 hours.
Written Steps: This is "HOW" I do it....which is same as video
- Get a big pot of water, put on stove to boil
- Let boil like 15 minutes until SUPER HOT
- While Water boiling, I get hard roller, whether regular circular hard roller or thin small rods.
- You must use HARD ROLLERS
- Roll up the hair, remember, the less rollers the less curls, the smaller sections and more rollers you use then you will have more curls.
- Turn off stove, take POT off stove and put in kitchen sink
- Turn wig to wear you are looking at the inside of the wig and place wig in pot
- Rollers should be at bottom of pot and wefts should be facing YOU
- Use a spoon to make sure all rollers are covered under water.
- If you need more water, get a microwave bowl and put water in microwave for say 6 minutes
- then pour water on top of hair in pot.
- Leave hair in pot until water gets COLD
- THis might be at least 30 minutes to 1 hours
- THe longer the hair sits in water, the more the curls set.
- Get a towel, when water gets cold take out wig, let water drip down into pot
- Put wig on towel, rollers should be facing YOU,I leave mine on towel overnight,
- THen in the morning, you may thing its fully dry but it might not be, I put my wig by my window
- then say 6 hours later take out rollers,
- I seperate some of the curls as I take out the rollers
- Then I put on head, style, and use some kind of light oil sheen
- Don't get discouraged, the wig might look dull, finger comb, style, apply net wig spray
- DONE, sometimes, I sit it on my wig head to set the head shape.
TIP: IF you dont have time to air dry you could, use a hard hat dryer on low and place over the wig to speed up drying or use a hand held dryer. But I prefer to air dry and just wear another wig, to me..the longer the hard rollers sit after the hot water process the better. This is not a process to RUSH.
Edited by sunshine321511 - May 19 2012 at 4:29pm